Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Wanted: Dugan's Dungeon with Victory Demos.
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon Wanted: Dugan's Dungeon with Victory Demos. (0)  
I would like to verify that all rooms in Dugan's Dungeon continue to be solvable. But we won't send testers hurtling through all the levels like in the last two testing cycles.

Can anyone produce, either a .player file or a drod1_5.dat with all the victory demos recorded? If it helps, there is a drod1_5.dat in the file area of Yahoo! groups with victory demos for the first 22 levels. Having this, we will run through all the victory demos and make sure they still conquer the rooms.

-Erik

07-15-2003 at 05:47 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Scott
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 578
icon Re: Wanted: Dugan's Dungeon with Victory Demos. (0)  
Erik I have emailed my 1.5 dat file to your drod.net address. I am 99% certain that it contains a demo for every room. If that address isn't any good let me know where I should have sent it.
07-15-2003 at 06:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
StuartK
Rank Points: 564
I've still got a couple of drod1_5.dat's which I uploaded last time you wanted victory demos (and you couldn't get your FTP working) They're still there (I can't even delete them as I can't remember how to access the server these are on)

http://www.knapton.clara.net/stuartk_drod1_5_level8_complete.zip
http://www.knapton.clara.net/stuartk_drod1_5_game_complete.zip

Disclaimers:

These may have been from a late beta of DROD 1.5, I honestly can't remember...

Also as I remember, there might have been some problems with demos losing their 'Victory' or 'Death' labels towards the later stages of the game. I noticed similar with 1.6 as well, and put it down to corruption which has probably been fixed. I was intending to do a full play through later on, but I've been fairly busy with all sorts of stuff (some of it even non-DROD related ;)
07-15-2003 at 06:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mister
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 104
It would be useful to have demos of the hardest/weirdest challenges, too. Those usually makes use of very specific monster behaviour.

07-16-2003 at 12:29 AM
Scott
Rank Points: 578
ErikH@drod.net failed as an email address. Is there another one I can use.

It seems that the address mapped to erikh2000&erikh2000@yahoo.com
07-16-2003 at 04:46 AM
ErikH2000
icon Re: Re: Wanted: Dugan's Dungeon with Victory Demos. (0)  
Scott wrote:
ErikH@drod.net failed as an email address. Is there another one I can use.

It seems that the address mapped to erikh2000&erikh2000@yahoo.com
No, it works. I got it. Just some dumb configuration thing that will probably never get fixed.

Thanks, Scott.

-Erik

07-16-2003 at 06:02 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Thanks, Scott and Stuart for the demos. I've found that most of the 1.5 demos work for most of the rooms up to level 20. I played through the ones that didn't so far, but on level 20 pretty much every room has no working demo because of changes to how the brains direct monsters.

Did anyone solve levels 20 through 25 during the beta? And if so, do you have victory demos recorded for them?

-Erik

07-21-2003 at 08:53 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Wanted: Dugan's Dungeon with Victory Demos.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com