Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : The Chronicles of Riddick (Sequel?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Chalks
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 267
IP: Logged
icon The Chronicles of Riddick (0)  
I was *very* suprised to see that critics on yahoo.com had rated this movie a C...yet another reason to dislike yahoo.

I LOVED the movie Chronicles of Riddick. Strangely enough, I hate Vin Diesel in every single other movie he's ever been in...except Pitch Black. My question is, why has there not been a sequel yet? Does anyone know if there is one in the works? If not, someone needs to tell hollywood that they've gone balmy (as if it wasn't clear enough already).

EDIT: doing some googling... why does everyone hate this movie? :(
EDIT2: Oh come on! /me hates critics more and more

[Last edited by Chalks at 02-06-2006 06:51 AM]
02-06-2006 at 06:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: The Chronicles of Riddick (0)  
Chalks wrote:
My question is, why has there not been a sequel yet?
Never saw the movie, but I heard it bombed. So if the first one didn't bring in enough money, they won't make a sequel.

But I'm no expert.

I also liked Vin in Pitch Black. I think he's a decent action actor that ends up in stupid movies.

-Erik

02-06-2006 at 09:03 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
From what I understand, the movie was horrible but the video game adaptation was amazing. Generally I don't trust one single reviewer of a movie, but when only 28% like it on Rotten Tomatoes (and only 13% of the "real" reviewers) then I'd have to say that it probably does not appeal to everyone. ;)

Life Lesson #1: everyone has a different opinion.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
02-06-2006 at 01:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1182
icon Re: The Chronicles of Riddick (+1)  
I thought it was a passable sci-fi/action film. But it wasn't as good as it could have been. I really enjoyed the Rodin-mixed-with-Geiger imagery used throughout the film. But I thought that overall, the mythology of the universe was a bit shallow and pasted together. And what the heck was Judy Dench doing in there? Doesn't she have anything better to do?

On the subject of Vin Deasel, I'm convinced that if you put him in the right dramatic role, he could be nominated for a best acting oscar. Not because he's a top tier actor, but because anybody could be nominated if you put them in the right serious role.

[Last edited by stigant at 02-06-2006 02:33 PM]
02-06-2006 at 02:33 PM
Chalks
the main reason I liked this movie so much was because it was completely different from the first movie (Pitch Black). They had managed to tie two completely different genres together, and for some reason it just *worked*. Part of my love of this movie may come from the fact that I'm a hopeless sci-fi fan...
02-06-2006 at 10:14 PM
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
Weird, I've only ever liked him in Pitch Black.

The Chronicles of Riddick game was indeed much better than it had any right to be, not least because the developers came up with an interesting premise and were able to get everyone on board (including Vin Diesel, who I understand is looking to direct his attention more towards games seeing as so far he's had a 100% success rate in that domain).

02-06-2006 at 11:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chalks
icon Re: The Chronicles of Riddick (+2)  
Hey! I sent David Twohy (director of Chronicles of Riddick) an email about ten days ago. I basicly asked if he was going to make a sequel, and I allowed myself to do the "I'm a huge fan, blah blah blah" bit. He sent me a response today!

David Twohy wrote:
Jon,

No hard plans at this time for another RIDDICK flick, but I must say I'm
getting more and more of these emails all the time asking for more. And if
you guys don't stop bugging me about it, well, you never know what might
happen....

DT

:D
02-20-2006 at 03:36 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : The Chronicles of Riddick (Sequel?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com