Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Arena 3 : Arena 1 : 2 South (sorry)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Pilchard VIII
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 392
IP: Logged
icon Arena 3 : Arena 1 : 2 South (0)  
sorry for all of these posts, but this one is really difficult and there isn't a post for it yet. i try to do it, but the queen roach just keeps getting stuck due to the force arrows
01-27-2006 at 10:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1978
icon Re: Arena 3 : Arena 1 : 2 South (0)  
Heh, I was just about to post about this room myself. I concur.

01-27-2006 at 11:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
I was stuck on this room for a long time myself. There's a bit of a hint in the thread on the Holds forum. I'm going to assume that you have figure out how to get to the switchback that goes out to the West the farthest, so you are always 1 move short of preventing a roach from getting on the arrows.
Click here to view the secret text

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-27-2006 at 11:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pilchard VIII
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 392
I'm sorry, i don't understand. it all sounds completely confusing

01-28-2006 at 04:26 AM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Well...this is a very hard hold. I would advise, if you are very new to DROD, that you try some easier holds first, and get used to some of the subtleties of DROD.

But to be more specific about what you need to do:
Click here to view the secret text

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-28-2006 at 04:32 AM
zaubberer
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 251

File: arena1-2S.JPG (184.8 KB)
Downloaded 183 times.
License: Public Domain
i still can't solve it. the best result i've got is shown in the attached picture. in this situation i (think i) have only one choice:

wait for the next spawn and wait on 'till the new roach is 2 steps north from the trapdoor. then run. but in this case the next new roach will stuck on the secondleft arrow in the upper row :|

could you help me up a little bit more?

zaubberer
:wizard

[Last edited by zaubberer at 01-28-2006 11:37 AM : forgot to attache the pic...]
01-28-2006 at 11:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Dali
Rank Points: 174
Zaubberer, You're in a quite good situation.
You see the 3 roaches in the next area, you must kill them but without moving to the other chamber. This because you'll not be able to reach the moment when the roach of the next spawn willn't be stuck in the arrows. It's quite confusing I know.

The point is to move to the next chamber without having to kill those 3 roaches.

[Last edited by Dali at 01-28-2006 02:17 PM]
01-28-2006 at 02:15 PM
zaubberer
Rank Points: 251
yeap, this was the wink i needed. another simple thing to solve my selfmade problem :)

thanks!

zaubberer
:wizard

01-28-2006 at 02:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Arena 3 : Arena 1 : 2 South (sorry)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com