Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : J'nis Tomb v.2.9.7 (An extremely easy hold)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

5.6/10 (16 votes)
σ 2.09
Author Name:Joint Team (Jacek and Mar
Submitted By:SFE
Hold Name:J'nis Tomb v.2.9.7
Theme:An extremely easy hold
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:3
Number of Rooms:41
Number of Monsters:1704
Version:DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:0 (+0 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Jnis Tomb v297.hold (46.3 KB)
Downloaded 1732 times.
License: Other
icon J'nis Tomb v.2.9.7  
This hold is my first hold, and it is really easy. If you want something harder, try Journey to the Goblin Kingdom, a harder hold. I am also making an even harder hold.
01-16-2006 at 06:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
icon Re: J'nis Tomb v.2.9.7 (+1)  
The first easy hold I've seen that soesn't have sarcastic remarks of very poor quality! VERY good job!
01-16-2006 at 11:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chaco
Rank Points: 3623
Hey, where's the download? Is it CaravelNet only?

01-17-2006 at 12:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: J'nis Tomb v.2.9.7 (0)  
Looks like there might be a slight forum bug with posted holds recently. I'll let Schik know.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-17-2006 at 12:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tscott
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 382
Oneiromancer wrote:
Looks like there might be a slight forum bug with posted holds recently. I'll let Schik know.

Game on,
It's the same with all three of the latest holds submitted. This one, Journey to the Goblin Kingdom v.1.5 and TAPAKAHbI YCATbIE 2 (Cockroaches with a moustache). Not only don't the downloads appear in their respective threads, but you also get an error if you try to download from the Holds Download page on the website. Looks like the in game download is the only way to get these right now.

01-17-2006 at 01:27 AM
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
I've fixed the three holds, and hopefully fixed the problem so it doesn't occur again.

01-17-2006 at 01:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
Yep, something strange going on with the scores for this one.
01-17-2006 at 10:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
KevG
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 333
icon Re: J'nis Tomb v.2.9.7 Spider rejecting scores (+1)  
I just scored 3 new #1s in this hold, switched over and updated a score in another hold, then came back and scored 2 more #1s and a #1 tie. All my scores for this hold were rejected by the spider, my updated score for the other hold was accepted. None of my rejected scores were for obvious reasons. There seems to have been a problem in the past with this hold. I suspect there still is.

EDIT:
Never mind, upgrading to the latest patch seems to have done the trick. The spider accepted the scores.

[Last edited by KevG at 05-17-2006 03:42 PM]
05-17-2006 at 02:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
neveragain
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 23
3 brains
8 overall

This is my favourite easy hold that I have played. Lots of good rooms here, even though most of them just involve lots of hack and slash.

Only con is that it's a little bit messy-looking.

07-09-2009 at 04:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
This was indeed a decently easy hold, but more work was put into it than most.

That being said, I found some of the scripting confusing (do I, or do I not kill this goblin /this time/?) and overall, as the above poster said, it was kind of messy. It looked like doors had been tacked upon doors and room layout (for a level) was bizarre at times.

I did have fun with a variety of the puzzles, however, and am thankful to have a hold like this to run through. So thanks!

08-01-2011 at 09:36 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : J'nis Tomb v.2.9.7 (An extremely easy hold) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com