Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Sendy's Palace Official Thread! (Woooooooooooooo!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Sendy
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 43
IP: Logged
icon Sendy's Palace Official Thread! (+1)  
I have 3 full levels now, and I think I'm actually getting better and breaking the brain block I was getting with the game elements. Level one is a new creation, and I think it's unique in that it's quite large with over 40 rooms but you are never attacked once. You roam around solving puzzles in a fun-house kind of manner, and it will be good for teaching players basic principles such as how the doors and room clearing puzzles work, using mimics in slightly tricky situations and other stuff.

Sendy's Palace is being designed as an AE hold. I LOVE AE! It's the precursor to JTRH - you aren't a true fan IMO unless you have AE and JTRH on your computer :P

But afterwards I'm going to make a JTRH version of the hold, changing the parts which don't suit JTRH and adding extra bits that complement the design and augment it with the new elements.

Oh, also... I have a room with a ton of brains you have to hack through. I have the room marked as 'not needed to complete' but it still appears red on the map. If I make a seeminly non-secret room non-essential, should I advise the player with a scroll?

I'll release another demo in a few days. That'll give everyone time to download AE

:thumbsup

EDIT: Forgot to ask. I need a few beta testers, but not sure how many... It's gonna be fairly big as holds go but not quite as big as Dugan's Dungeon.

Sendy

[Last edited by Sendy at 01-15-2006 12:37 AM]
01-15-2006 at 12:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chaco
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3624
icon Re: Sendy's Palace Official Thread! (0)  
I'd like to beta test.

Also, unfortunately, I'm not true enough a fan to get a Windows machine just so I can have AE.

01-15-2006 at 01:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sendy
Chaco wrote:
I'd like to beta test.

Also, unfortunately, I'm not true enough a fan to get a Windows machine just so I can have AE.

Thanks!

That shouldn't be a problem, you just won't be able to give me any feedback on the visual side. Either that or you can just test the JTRH version when I start making that which will be in about a month or so I guess. Up to you.

Sendy
01-15-2006 at 01:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Swivel
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 236
I'd be a beta beta tester than most. Or would I? I volunteer.
01-15-2006 at 03:11 AM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
Fair enough, I'll wait a month.

01-16-2006 at 01:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
cheese obsessive
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 219
I'll test. I probably won't have a ton of time to test, because I am in the middle of my own epic hold, but I could spare a little while testing.
01-16-2006 at 08:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sendy
Ok Swivel and Cheese Obsessive, I'll send you an anyone-edit demo when I get a nice round number of levels like 4 or 5. I have 3 levels so far so that won't be a long time.

Thanks for the help!

Sendy
01-16-2006 at 11:04 PM
Jacob
Rank Points: 3746
I'll beta-test if you still want (jgrinfeld at hotmail.com). What happened to the JtRH hold you had up a while back? That was pretty good, but never finished.

01-21-2006 at 09:15 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Sendy's Palace Official Thread! (Woooooooooooooo!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com