Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Extendo-blade
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1721
IP: Logged
icon Extendo-blade (0)  
This is a really weird idea, and I'm not even sure if I like it, but it's intriguing nonetheless.

This bizarre contraption can be found lying around on the dungeon floor. When Beethro's sword covers the space where it is, it is magnetically (magically?) attracted to the tip of the sword, making the sword twice as long, and only altering the weight slightly. With this elongated sword, Beethro can now stab/hack/slash two monsters at once. This effect ends when the room is left, and monsters would be able to survive in the space. (i.e.)

O=space; B=Beethro; s=sword position 1; S=sword position 2.

OOS
OSO
Bss

If there happens to be more than one Extendo-Blade, for whatever odd reason, it does not become three spaces long (everybody complain now.)

Like I said before, I don't know if this is a good idea or not. I may lean towards not, but others might enjoy it.

07-14-2003 at 02:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
IP: Logged
icon Re: Extendo-blade (0)  
I think this falls under the catagory of "things that do nothing but make Beethro more powerful" - there is nothing he can do with the single blade which he can't with the extendo-blade. Erik argued quite convincingly against this sort of stuff a while ago (in the thread about giving Beethro two swords)

07-14-2003 at 02:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Extendo-blade
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com