Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Ultima V: Lazarus (A mod for Dungeon Siege)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
IP: Logged
icon Ultima V: Lazarus (+2)  
Amazingly enough, Ultima V: Lazarus has finally been released. This is a full mod for Dungeon Siege, so you have to own that game in order to play this. It is the first full-on Ultima remake to ever be finished, according to the website, and at 500 MB, it appears to be very thorough.

Dungeon Siege wasn't the deepest of RPGs, in many ways actually being less intellectually stimulating than Diablo even, but it did have very nice graphics and a very open modding system. I remember hearing about Lazarus a long time ago and the fact that they finally pulled through is quite amazing. I only wish that I wasn't leaving town tonight so that I could start downloading.

There probably aren't too many Ultima lovers on this forum who also own a copy of Dungeon Siege...but even so, it is still an amazing example of a fanmade remake.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-22-2005 at 10:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Ultima V: Lazarus (A mod for Dungeon Siege)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com