Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : A few simple unrelated suggestions (I bet these are both old)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
EToaster
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
IP: Logged
icon A few simple unrelated suggestions (0)  
The first one would be the ability to program a short series of commands onto a single key. I'm sure you've all been in the very frustrating situation where after swatting 200 roaches, you get killed by the 201st roach because you accidently hit a key twice after your fingers got tired from the first 200 roaches. With this you could set it to rotate your sword once in each direction, making the chance for error practically nil. With the undo feature in 2.0, this isn't as big of a deal, but it's still annoying, and it would be nice to only have to hold down a single key.

The other would be simple boxes that could be pushed by Beethro, but not by monsters (though perhaps certain monsters could have this ability). They could come in metal and wood varieties, the latter of which could be broken by your sword. They could be used in a variety of puzzles, but they might be too plain for DROD, unless you want to play Sokoban. Think of them like Goblins, but they don't try to kill you. :p

[Last edited by EToaster at 12-05-2005 06:19 AM]
12-05-2005 at 06:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: A few simple unrelated suggestions (+2)  
EToaster wrote:
The first one would be the ability to program a short series of commands onto a single key.
Have you tried pressing CTRL+[Q,W or any movement key]? There should more in the game manual about this feature.
The other would be simple boxes that could be pushed by Beethro, but not by monsters
This has been suggested before and it's been decided to not be added in DROD. However, Wonderquest, a fan-made DROD stylish game has this feature. You could try it out.
12-05-2005 at 06:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
EToaster
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
icon Re: A few simple unrelated suggestions (0)  
Ah, well I didn't think they were really fitting for DROD anyway, but I figured I'd mention it. =P The Ctrl feature is good to know though. Thanks =)
12-05-2005 at 06:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : A few simple unrelated suggestions (I bet these are both old)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com