Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Bavato's Dungeon: V3.8
Page 2 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Scott
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 578
IP: Logged
icon Re: Bavato's Dungeon: V3.4 and V3.5 (0)  
I agree that room isn't possible.
07-14-2003 at 05:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
icon Bavato's Dungeon: V3.6 (0)  
*Groan*

This is so upsetting and embarrassing...

I see - I put too much tar in to be at all pleasant, so I've corrected this little problem.

Please get a new version, 3.6 which has a fix for this, and also one for a bug near the end of the hold.

Again, I'm sorry.

Please do not use this version - 2N on Level 3 is impossible to complete due to sheer monster numbers. I apologise - please get Version 3.7 below (I suppose it's what I get for not checking and trying to release a large, complicated hold too soon...)

[Edited by agaricus5 on 07-14-2003 at 12:25 PM]

[Edited by agaricus5 on 07-14-2003 at 12:26 PM]

[Edited by agaricus5 on 07-14-2003 at 05:30 PM]

07-14-2003 at 10:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
icon Re: Bavato's Dungeon: V3.6 (0)  
I don't think you have got there yet, but I have an advance warning for you.

As soon as I can get my DROD to export properly, I need to release a new version of the dungeon to fix room 2N on level 3 because there are too many goblins and roaches.

I'm sorry :~)

07-14-2003 at 05:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
icon Bavato's Dungeon: V3.7 (0)  
OK, here it is...

Please do not use this version - a bug with Level 3 2N 1E makes it unconquerable. Please get version 3.8, below

[Edited by agaricus5 on 07-16-2003 at 11:16 PM]

07-14-2003 at 05:25 PM
Scott
Rank Points: 578
icon Re: Bavato's Dungeon: V3.7 (0)  
I tried importing this new version and it should have let me restart on lvl 2 but when I restore I only have the level 1 start again.

I don't feel like doing level 1 for a 4th time can you please put in some warp stairs to level 2 in the level 1 entrance?
07-15-2003 at 01:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Alright...

Since there is demand for it, here is a level 1 skip for the dungeon (Levels 2 and 3)

Enjoy!

Please do not use this version - a bug with Level 3 2N 1E makes it unconquerable. Please get version 3.8, below

[Edited by agaricus5 on 07-16-2003 at 11:17 PM]

07-15-2003 at 12:48 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
I'm stuck in level 2, in the room with the blue door. It won't open - and I scanned the entire parameter for secret doors and didn't find any. Is there a bug here, or am I just blind?

Also,

Click here to view the secret text

Oh, I'm playing the version without level 1.

[Edited by eytanz on 07-15-2003 at 09:04 PM]

07-15-2003 at 09:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Which rooms did you complete?

Did you do 2S?

07-15-2003 at 09:09 PM
eytanz
I completed:

Entrance
1E
1N1E
2E
3E
1S1E
1S2E
2S2E
2S1E
2S

and have been to 1S (nothing to complete there).

---

I don't see how I could have gotten to the blue-door room without completing 2S; in any case, I just sent you a private message regarding something that troubled me in 2S (not related to this issue).

07-15-2003 at 09:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
icon Re: Re: Bavato's Dungeon: V3.7 (0)  
eytanz wrote:
I completed:

Entrance
1E
1N1E
2E
3E
1S1E
1S2E
2S2E
2S1E
2S

and have been to 1S (nothing to complete there).

---

It's a bug - there is a temporary room, 3S 2E in there, but I set it to "Room not required". Post on the bugs board.

I don't see how I could have gotten to the blue-door room without completing 2S; in any case, I just sent you a private message regarding something that troubled me in 2S (not related to this issue).

Yes - It's a really serious flaw and an unintended solution. I may change it, but I believe that no-one wants to re-upgrade yet, so I think I'll leave it for now...

Be warned though... You'll have to do it the hard way once a later version comes out... :D

07-15-2003 at 09:17 PM
eytanz
icon Re: Re: Re: Bavato's Dungeon: V3.7 (0)  
agaricus5 wrote:

There is a temporary room, 3S 2E in there, but I set it to "Room not required". Post on the bugs board.

Do you mind releasing a "level 3 only" version, then? I really, really don't want to replay through this level (it was great, don't misunderstand me - but it was extremely difficult and unforgiving.)

Oh, and I'm really not sure what I could post in the bug board (I can't reproduce this in any other hold, so as far as I know the bug is in the hold, not the program. You have the evidence to show otherwise, not me. If you want me to, I can export my player file so that you can see the bug for yourself (and have all the info)).

[Edited by eytanz on 07-15-2003 at 09:25 PM]

07-15-2003 at 09:20 PM
agaricus5
icon Re: Re: Re: Re: Bavato's Dungeon: V3.7 (0)  
eytanz wrote:
agaricus5 wrote:

There is a temporary room, 3S 2E in there, but I set it to "Room not required". Post on the bugs board.

Do you mind releasing a "level 3 only" version, then? I really, really don't want to replay through this level (it was great, don't misunderstand me - but it was extremely difficult and unforgiving.)
Alright...

never mind...

Oh, and I'm really not sure what I could post in the bug board (I can't reproduce this in any other hold, so as far as I know the bug is in the hold, not the program. You have the evidence to show otherwise, not me. If you want me to, I can export my player file so that you can see the bug for yourself (and have all the info)).

[Edited by eytanz on 07-15-2003 at 09:25 PM]

I'll ask about it then.

Oh, and while I'm on that subject, I've made sure you can't do 2S the easy way by adding just four more squares of tar. :devil

[Edited by agaricus5 on 07-15-2003 at 09:35 PM]

07-15-2003 at 09:34 PM
eytanz
icon Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bavato's Dungeon: V3.7 (0)  
agaricus5 wrote:
eytanz wrote:
agaricus5 wrote:

Alright...

never mind...

Huh? Is that a yes or a no?

Oh, and while I'm on that subject, I've made sure you can't do 2S the easy way by adding just four more squares of tar. :devil

Really? I don't see how that's possible. Where did you put the tar?

07-15-2003 at 09:40 PM
agaricus5
Here is the "Level 3 only" version.

Note to all people who have got an older version - there is a bug with level three in it - the stair room, one room south of the blue door room, has been marked "Room required", so the blue door will not open. It's been fixed for the "Level 3 only" version of the hold.

[Edited by agaricus5 on 07-16-2003 at 11:17 PM]

07-15-2003 at 09:41 PM
eytanz
Minor bug in level 3 1N2E: the top exit on the eastern wall places you on top of the next room's green door; if you go through there you could end up stuck. Some force arrows could easily solve this (you could put them on the green door in 1N2E, and personally I don't think there's anything wrong with that despite your scrolls in level 2).

07-16-2003 at 11:04 AM
agaricus5
icon Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bavato's Dungeon: V3.7 (0)  
eytanz wrote:
agaricus5 wrote:
eytanz wrote:
agaricus5 wrote:

Alright...

never mind...

Huh? Is that a yes or a no?

I wrote something there before, but I got rid of it, so I put "never mind" there to show anyone who saw it that it was unintentional.

Really? I don't see how that's possible. Where did you put the tar?

Oh, I forgot these as well: Two orbs and two doors and one roach...

[Edited by agaricus5 on 07-16-2003 at 11:23 AM]

[Edited by agaricus5 on 07-16-2003 at 11:24 AM]

07-16-2003 at 11:23 AM
agaricus5
eytanz wrote:
Minor bug in level 3 1N2E: the top exit on the eastern wall places you on top of the next room's green door; if you go through there you could end up stuck. Some force arrows could easily solve this (you could put them on the green door in 1N2E...
I'll do that. Thanks for telling me!

...and personally I don't think there's anything wrong with that despite your scrolls in level 2).
What scrolls?

07-16-2003 at 11:25 AM
eytanz
icon Re: Re: Re: Bavato's Dungeon: V3.7 (0)  
...and personally I don't think there's anything wrong with that despite your scrolls in level 2).
What scrolls?

The ones apologizing for putting arrows on doors.

07-16-2003 at 11:39 AM
agaricus5
I didn't even notice until now, but the recent bugs I have had have caused all of the scrolls to lose their text. Sorry about this - I'll fix it for a later release.

07-16-2003 at 11:39 AM
eytanz
The scrolls in the versions I have (the one without level 1 and the one without levels 1-2) all have text on them.

07-16-2003 at 11:40 AM
agaricus5
eytanz wrote:
The scrolls in the versions I have (the one without level 1 and the one without levels 1-2) all have text on them.
:twak <---- Me

Oh dear - I opened the wrong build version. My current version does have all the text. Thanks for pointing my error out.

07-16-2003 at 11:43 AM
eytanz
Is level 3, 2N1E possible? I can clear literally hundreds of roachs from either the top or bottom section and get rid of 4 of the queen alcoves, but when I open the 5 that were closed I can't kill roaches fast enough to counter their growth - there's nowhere I can stand that lets me kill 2 roaches a turn.

By the way, I have to say that this room is my least favourite so far - the middle part is interesting, but the top and bottom serve little purpose except to induce carpal tunnel.

07-16-2003 at 12:45 PM
agaricus5
:devil

Oh it's definitely completable - I just did it.
I'm not sure exactly what you're stuck on, so here are one or two general hints:
Click here to view the secret text

By the way, I have to say that this room is my least favourite so far - the middle part is interesting, but the top and bottom serve little purpose except to induce carpal tunnel.
Hmm... Why do you not like it? In fact, this room and a few others like it were partly inspired by the rooms in one of your own holds - the Sewers Of Blorn.

07-16-2003 at 01:43 PM
eytanz
Hmm... Why do you not like it? In fact, this room and a few others like it were partly inspired by the rooms in one of your own holds - the Sewers Of Blorn.

Mostly it's a quantity issue. The worst room in Blorn required you to kill about 250 roaches to win it; this room required me to kill over 700 just to be able to kill 12 of the room's 56 queens.

I really, really didn't have this problem with the rest of the level - I really love most of it. It's this particular room that seems to cross a line into being excessive, IMO.

[Edited by eytanz on 07-16-2003 at 11:00 PM]

07-16-2003 at 10:30 PM
eytanz
Oh, and my problem with the room isn't in the middle passage - clearing all the queens there isn't much of a problem. I'm stuck in figuring out how to get the leftmost cells in the top row, and the rightmost cells in the bottom row.

And I can't see how any of your hints apply to this room... Could you be more specific? - Oh, did you mean the corridors between the central area and top/bottom as the narrow corridors? There's no point in them where you can kill a roach every two turns. There are 16 roaches generated in each birth cycle (3 in the 4 rooms with 3 queens and 4 in the central room); you can only kill 15 in the same time. Could you please give me a specific hint as to what I'm doing wrong?

[Edited by eytanz on 07-16-2003 at 11:02 PM]

07-16-2003 at 10:35 PM
agaricus5
Sorry, I wasn't paying much attention. I thought you were referring to 1N 2E, not 2N 1E...

:twak<---Me again

Oh dear... something appears to have changed... again, as it used to be possible, but I'm not sure what it is.

I've fixed it now though.

Do you have the patience to do the rooms you've done all over again, or shall I find a way around it?

07-16-2003 at 11:08 PM
eytanz
Well, given that the debug commands are enabled in build 29, I can just skip all the rooms I already completed if you upload a corrected version, so it's not that big a deal (btw, this didn't occur to me back when I was looking for a way to skip most of level 1 or level 2).

Oh, and I really liked 1N2E...

[Edited by eytanz on 07-16-2003 at 11:10 PM]

[Edited by eytanz on 07-16-2003 at 11:11 PM]

07-16-2003 at 11:09 PM
agaricus5

File: Bavato14.hold (38.2 KB)
Downloaded 130 times.
License: Other
icon Bavato's Dungeon: V3.8 (0)  
Ok then...

First, here is the full (3 Levels) version

[Edited by agaricus5 on 07-19-2003 at 12:04 AM]

07-16-2003 at 11:12 PM
agaricus5

File: Bavato14 (Levels 2-3).hold (27.4 KB)
Downloaded 149 times.
icon Bavato's Dungeon: V3.8 (0)  
Second, here is the level 1 skip.

[Edited by agaricus5 on 07-18-2003 at 10:19 AM]

07-16-2003 at 11:13 PM
agaricus5

File: Bavato14 (Level 3).hold (15.6 KB)
Downloaded 132 times.
icon Re: Bavato's Dungeon: V3.8 (0)  
Third, here is the Level 3 only version.

07-16-2003 at 11:14 PM
Page 2 of 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Bavato's Dungeon: V3.8
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com