Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : After DROD AE release...
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
butsam
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 114
IP: Logged
icon After DROD AE release... (0)  
We should give Erik a much-needed break and let him play our DROD levels :) The main DROD crew could even rank the top rooms out of submissions and assemble them into a big hold :) I'd be perfectly willing to help with assembly, but I think Erik and the other big DROD names should be the ones to do the ranking :) I know we should wait for the stable DROD AE, but just a thought to keep in mind when the time comes.

Sam
07-10-2003 at 03:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: After DROD AE release... (0)  
Yeah, we should wait for a stable build -- but I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Build 28 has fixed up about every bug issue that has been brought up, and people are mentioning feature requests much more often than bugs lately. That's a good thing. I've been pounding away on bugs so much that I've had hardly a minute to play any of the new levels coming out. But I've at least looked at some of the rooms and there are a lot of cool ideas out there! Once this is all done then maybe I'll take a break and play through everyone's holds.

...But what I'll probably be doing is putting a bunch of new features into the game for the next release! :)

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-10-2003 at 04:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
butsam
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 114
icon Re: After DROD AE release... (0)  
We understand your hard work and REALLY REALLY appreciate it :) It's the more nit-picky bugs that occur now, and almost all of them I can get around if I had to. But hey, not to brag or anything...but take a break and check out 3 of the rooms I've created...ok well in particular 1N and 1W on v0.101 of Sam's Puzzles...1N was already voted best room of the unofficial rooms! (The results were 2-0...ok maybe not the most thorough poolbut still! :) I particularly like the puzzles...and they aren't puzzles that Dugan's Dungeon teaches you to deal with either. :) Consider it your reward for all your hard work...along with all other levels created :)

Sam

[Edited by butsam on 07-10-2003 at 04:27 AM]
07-10-2003 at 04:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : After DROD AE release...
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com