Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Treasure Hunt Master Quest : Tomb Escaper : 1 North, 5 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Alneyan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 622
IP: Logged
icon Treasure Hunt Master Quest : Tomb Escaper : 1 North, 5 West (0)  
My first thoughts on this room were: "Phew". My second thoughts are... well, going west wasn't such a bright idea.

I have little trouble putting snakes in five of all six spots, but a couple hours of attempts haven't given me the key to getting a snake in the sixth spot. Of course, this spot is the one on the middle of the bottom row.

It has only two trap doors, so I can only go in and out once; the serpent has to go in a corridor facing west; the exit faces west too; all serpents are three-tiles long. I cannot seem to be able to lure a three-tile serpent into going west with Beethro near the offending serpent. At best, I *can* fill that spot by using two serpents, one of them blocking the other, but I cannot then get the second serpent out of the area. At worst, I end up getting killed.

It looks like all six serpents are necessary, so I cannot just use two of them for one of the spots. I have also been unable of luring a serpent in that area without going into it myself: is *it* possible to do it, and was it simply a matter of bad luck? (More like bad planning, but hush!) I know the SEmost serpents get stuck pretty much on its own, but the same trick doesn't seem to work here.

Thanks in advance!
10-30-2005 at 06:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Treasure Hunt Master Quest : Tomb Escaper : 1 North, 5 West (+1)  
Click here to view the secret text

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-30-2005 at 07:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Alneyan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 622
icon Re: Treasure Hunt Master Quest : Tomb Escaper : 1 North, 5 West (0)  
Pst Oneiromancer, erase that thread... You know, hiding the evidence and all that.

I really feel silly: it wasn't *that* hard, if only had I stopped rushing in to the battlefield, like a knight charging right in the middle of a swamp. Well, thanks!
10-30-2005 at 07:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Treasure Hunt Master Quest : Tomb Escaper : 1 North, 5 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com