Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Any way to remove JtRH torrents?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Blood Maggot
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 42
IP: Logged
icon Any way to remove JtRH torrents? (+1)  
I don't have JtRH, so when I was on "a torrenting site" I decided to see if there were any JtRH torrents up. There was one, I think. I decided not to download it anyway.

Just a heads-up I think.
10-30-2005 at 05:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Any way to remove JtRH torrents? (0)  
No practical way to remove the torrents themselves, but I've had success asking webmasters to take down links to torrents. Could you e-mail me the URL where you saw it?

-Erik

10-30-2005 at 06:00 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blood Maggot
I can't use outlook express to send the mail. Any other way?
10-30-2005 at 06:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
PM it to me and I'll mail it to Erik.

EDIT:
What am I talking about? Just use the forum e-mail function.
It's at the bottom of Erik's post.

[Last edited by Doom at 10-30-2005 06:25 PM]
10-30-2005 at 06:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
The BitTorrent link on the torrenting site Blood Maggot found is gone now after I talked to the admin. Thanks, BM and Doom!

So far my success rate in getting people to take down pirate links and listings is something like 75%. The hackerboy sites are surprised and sometimes shamed to be contacted by a game's author. I've actually seen one admin do a complete 180 and help me get DROD unlisted from other sites he knew about. The more professional sites make it part of their process to take listings down quickly once contacted to avoid legal problems. It is true that we can never 100% stop illegal distribution, but a lot can be done without much effort to slow it down. So please, if you ever see one of the commercial versions of DROD being distributed someplace, send me an e-mail (erikh@caravelgames.com) with an URL and I'll take care of it. Also, thanks Blood Maggot and Doom for not posting the name of the offending site publicly.

-Erik

10-31-2005 at 06:23 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blood Maggot
No problem, i'll keep an eye out of any others I see.
10-31-2005 at 10:07 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Any way to remove JtRH torrents?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com