Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : A Quiet Place : Limbo : 2 North, 1 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Kafka
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 42
IP: Logged
icon A Quiet Place : Limbo : 2 North, 1 East (0)  
I'd almost cleared this room, with three parts cleared and progress on the eyes and wraithwrings, when I made an ill-advised step onto the checkpoint and had to start again. Now I can't for the life of me (literally) remember how I cleared the tar room; I'm always caught by the babies before I make the exit.

I've obviously forgotten something I used to know; can anyone give me a steer?

[Last edited by Kafka at 01-26-2007 01:09 AM]
10-22-2005 at 12:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kafka
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 42
icon Re: A Quiet Place : Limbo : 2 North, 1 East (0)  
Never mind, I eventually worked it out, and the eyes and wraithwings. It's simply (!) a matter of counting carefully, and keeping one step ahead.

Now to evade the roaches and get out of limbo. . .

10-23-2005 at 09:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1545
Can someone please give me a hint about how to handle the five goblins? I can't just charge for the orb they're protecting, because nothing closes behind me and I'm stuck with five goblins behind me. The best I've done is to stuff three of them in the box with the eyes and wraithwings, but that takes so long I can't deal with the other two and get to the orb in time.
02-28-2006 at 11:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Stephen4Louise
Rank Points: 548
icon Re: A Quiet Place : Limbo : 2 North, 1 East (+1)  
Tuttle wrote:
Can someone please give me a hint about how to handle the five goblins? I can't just charge for the orb they're protecting, because nothing closes behind me and I'm stuck with five goblins behind me. The best I've done is to stuff three of them in the box with the eyes and wraithwings, but that takes so long I can't deal with the other two and get to the orb in time.

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Stephen4Louise at 02-28-2006 12:01 PM]
02-28-2006 at 12:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tuttle
Thanks. I couldn't work out how to do that and get to the orb before a spawn either, but moving around did give me one useful trick:

02-28-2006 at 01:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
key-smiter
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121

File: AQP Limbo 2N1E.demo (1.9 KB)
Downloaded 51 times.
License: Public Domain
Stephen4Louise wrote:
This certainly sounds reasonable. Unfortunately, all the useful locations are so far away that I'm at least ten moves short of getting back to the goblin orb. I've attached a short demo of my best effort, which is woefully short of useful . . . what must I do different?

(Also, I can already tell I'm going to have problems in the eyeball section. An earlier series of forays convinced me that there's no combination of sword directions and movement directions that will keep me alive. Bah.)

Thanks -
01-25-2007 at 11:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tuttle

01-26-2007 at 04:00 AM
key-smiter
Thanks . . . got that to work.

(I'm not cut out for this room. I'm guessing that the tar roomlet can only be completed by reaching the orb after the perimeter tar grows, and the eyeball roomlet has so far proven impossible with any sword direction and any movement direction.)
01-27-2007 at 12:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tuttle
I'm guessing that the tar roomlet can only be completed by reaching the orb after the perimeter tar grows
The eyeball roomlet has so far proven impossible with any sword direction and any movement direction.

01-27-2007 at 02:36 AM
key-smiter
That worked. Thanks!
01-27-2007 at 03:05 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : A Quiet Place : Limbo : 2 North, 1 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com