Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : @ Jeffray... and public
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
MeckMeck GRE
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 594
IP: Logged
icon @ Jeffray... and public (+4)  
Quote from Jeffray...īs recently changend signature :

=================================================================
Failed to make DROD GM Edition and DROD: Infinite Depths.

One more bad news: You continue modding me down and i leave you all and plant a tombstone as i go to you all!

Mood: In rage against that -2 modder!
==================================================================

Jeff, please dont leave ! Dont be so pessimistic. You are really important for the community, as anybody else here. You did good things (worthful posts, holds, that crossword...) for the community, got positive feedback and rank points. But you also made a couple of mistakes. Often you got modded down and/or got bad feedback. Lets think about why you got modded down...

--> you was often impatient and replied something like "I want a answer NOW... FAST !" 30 minutes after a request or question. Not the fine english behavior.

--> Offending Beta testers by saying something like "I cant fix the bugs you spotted; I am too busy to make new levels (with new bugs)

--> sometimes you sounded angry or posted rash. If you say "stupid Golden Pie thingy" you may offend some people. (Contestants, Erik, Fans of the Contests,...)

--> in singular cases you were obtrusive. In the Thread "Need beta-testers!" for example. If somebody dosent want to test your hold, he really dosent want it.

Think about those things. Your not a a bad person. Just try to behave a little better.

As for The Infinite Depths... your hold hasnt failed. You can still use part of your work and improve it. Your skills have improved recently (Powerstation and the later levels of JRH are way better than an Event #1)

If you want to increase your skills :

Why dont read the architects toolkit (drod.net) ? Or read the hold design tipps (Architecture Board) thread ? Or Agaricus5īs article about hold design (sorry, dont remember where you can find it).

Please think about it fo a while and please dont go... (and dont plant tombstones in front of our houses)

Also dont be too angry on the -2 modder. It could even be 2 people which modded you down.

[Last edited by MeckMeck GRE at 10-10-2005 07:06 PM]
10-10-2005 at 07:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: @ Jeffray... and public (+1)  
I've noticed a great way to garner some respect and positive attention is to do something creative. Certainly, trying not to be abrasive is a good start, but we're talking more long-term.

If you're specifically interested in making holds, there's some great stuff in the Architect's Toolkit stuff on the site and in the Architecture forums. There's no shame in not being able to make a hold as hard as Bavato's Dungeon, quite the reverse; I'm more impressed with holds that are easy but interesting than holds that are super-hard so only Rabscuttle can finish them. (Plus, word to the wise, holds that are easy but interesting are probably more useful to have experience in if Caravel decides they'd like you to do some hold building with them.)

10-11-2005 at 06:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
icon Re: @ Jeffray... and public (+1)  
Heya Jeff,

I think Meckmeck said most everything. I just want to add that while at times you seem to have made some inappropriate posts, it is clear that you are an enthusiastic DRODer and I hope we don't lose you.
10-11-2005 at 02:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : @ Jeffray... and public
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com