Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Unfortunate Architect Compilation : Limits : 1 South, 1 East (How to kill 5 goblins in a square, closed room of 12 x 6)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Greyman
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Unfortunate Architect Compilation : Limits : 1 South, 1 East (0)  
If you know how, please tell me.

I´m suspecting that 1South is also insolvable, and whit that they will be 3 imposible rooms (or am I seeing bad?)...

I will go for another hold...

:thumbsdown
09-30-2005 at 12:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: Unfortunate Architect Compilation : Limits : 1 South, 1 East (0)  
Greyman wrote:
I´m suspecting that 1South is also insolvable, and whit that they will be 3 imposible rooms (or am I seeing bad?)...

I will go for another hold...

:thumbsdown
Please don't automatically assume a room you can't do is completely unsolvable. All the rooms in this hold are (as far as I know), completely solvable; they were entries for a contest, so were tested to guarantee they worked.

The goblin part is nasty, but with a little care, you can do it. Try to be aggressive, and kill the goblins on one side quickly, so you only end up being attacked from one side. Keep trying combinations if you don't get the solution at first; you're bound to find one at some point.

09-30-2005 at 12:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1913
I hate to say but Wesley might be steering you a bit in the wrong direction on this one. I looked at this room and 1S for a long time not having any idea how to solve these rooms.

1S1E must be solved first and yes it can be solved with a little trick/ingenuity.

Major hint:
Click here to view the secret text

Spoiler:

09-30-2005 at 01:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Abbyzzmal
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 348
Hey, that's my hold!

Let me look at it.

(opens file)

Man, I'm a sloppy architect.

(solves 1S)

(Goes back and solves 1S1E)

So depending on which part is giving you trouble:

Entering the room:

The goblins:
Incidentally, there are several ways to beat these guys.

The rest of the room:

Incidentally, which other room is impossible?

EDIT: Oh, 1N1W.

[Last edited by Abbyzzmal at 09-30-2005 01:21 AM]
09-30-2005 at 01:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
Greyman wrote:
I�m suspecting that 1South is also insolvable, and whit that they will be 3 imposible rooms (or am I seeing bad?)...

If you want confirmation that a room can be solved, check the high scores for the room on the forum. 99.9% of the time, if the room can be solved, someone will have solved it already. This doesn't work for the official holds (they hide the scores until you complete the rooms, but you can be sure that those holds have been thoroughly tested), and it may not always work if your name is Stefan or wallu.

[Last edited by Rabscuttle at 09-30-2005 05:18 AM]
09-30-2005 at 05:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Greyman
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
I have solved almost all 1S1E, except the box by South. I must confess I have not tried it so much, but I assumed that 5 goblins are unbeatable... I will try a little more.

About 1S, the problem is clear: if I go inside the NW box, I cannot get out. The 2 doors by south are not opening, so I can´t reach the mimic potions.
10-03-2005 at 02:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Unfortunate Architect Compilation : Limits : 1 South, 1 East (How to kill 5 goblins in a square, closed room of 12 x 6)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com