Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Flame traps! (Well... flame traps!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Greyman
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Flame traps! (+1)  
A flame sprouting from the wall that activate every 5 turns, for instance, and you have to dodge them while killing the vermin.
The flames are active for 1 turn and occupy, lets say, a maximum of 5 squares (so you can have "corridors" from 2 tiles up to 5 or 6 tiles width, plagued with these traps). They can kill monsters (not rock golems), so you can use them partially at your advantage (this must be probed, I think here we have so many combinations, depending on the type of monsters...).
They activate with an orb, or they are active from your entrance to the room. You can deactivate them with an orb, of course situated in some point that you can access only after passing the flames... or the architect may allow you to deactivate them before, but you have to fight your way to the orb.
Another idea is that they activate when you step on certain squares, so you can avoid activating them at all if you are dexterous (while killing monsters).
In all this examples, "activate" means not once, but for the rest of the trip, of course.
These traps are eficient, small package, and have many possibilities in combination with the monsters.

09-29-2005 at 08:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Flame traps! (Well... flame traps!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com