Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Where I am (New place, new life)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
krammer
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 904
IP: Logged
icon Where I am (+2)  
So. Yesterday I said goodbye to Mum, got into the car and got dumped in my new college room as a first-year undergrad. Out into the big wide world, all alone...

As such I can't say how much DRODding I'll be doing this term - I have Internet access in my room, and although I brought the JtRH CD this machine doesn't have my player files on. Plus of course I'll be working hard. Honest. I also doubt I'll be able to do things like vote in contests. But hey.

Anyway, not sure why I'm posting this as such, but feel free to post any useful tips or anecdotes about university life - as a lazy, penniless student I need all the help I can get. :)

"Oook!"
09-26-2005 at 07:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Where I am (+1)  
The first year in college is always rough. You will find that the amount of time you have for playing DROD is cut ruthlessly short. And people in the real world will always be trying to pull you away from your friends on the forum. I'm sad to say that you'll probably be spending more time at parties, going on dates, and casual sporting events such as hackysack or volleyball. In fact, many of the things you'll be doing will have absolutely nothing to do with DROD. You may have to take up the guitar in order to impress women. I'm sorry about that. It's also possible you'll actually learn something in your field of study.

In other words, have fun, buddy! I almost wish I was you, but then... I wouldn't be me.

-Erik

09-26-2005 at 08:02 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Where I am (+1)  
Man...my college years were the best. So much free time. My second quarter I didn't have a single class before noon. It was probably the only time in my life that I kept the same sleeping schedule on the weekends as during the week. Grad school, though...ugh. One of the biggest reasons I'm looking forward to a real job is so that I can cut back to a 40-hour work week, with weekends free! :-O

My first year in college though I did pretty crappy except for my math classes. The ones I did worst in had only 2 or 3 grades, all tests, so there wasn't really anything to keep up with like homework. So just discover your limitations. And stuff.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
09-26-2005 at 08:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Where I am (New place, new life)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com