Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : A few more forum suggestions
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
StuartK
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 564
IP: Logged
icon A few more forum suggestions (+1)  
- If someone is editing a message and making significant changes or updates, give an option to email it again to those who read the group by email. It seems I'm sometimes reading messages sent to the board by email, and missing out on additional stuff people have edited in afterwards. People would hopefully not use such a feature if they're just editing spelling mistakes or UBB code errors, but I'd rather see the additional messages, than the alternative of missing out on the edits that contain useful information, questions, major gaffe corrections etc.

Alternatively/also, perhaps a short (10 minute?) delay before messages are sent out, would allow people time to make their changes and corrections. If a message in the send queue is being edited at the 10 minute limit, continue to delay sending it until editing is complete, or after say an hour, if the message is not updated (to account for clicking on edit, then just closing the browser window) This would also allow people who want to delete a message to prevent it from being sent out via email. On the downside, it might slow down some conversations a little. Perhaps the timings could be tweaked?

- A forum filelist, with links to all the files posted to the Drod board in one handy-dandy interface, and links to the threads they were posted under.
07-05-2003 at 06:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : A few more forum suggestions
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com