Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : New Floors! (For you and others! Oh Boy!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Stuwy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 212
IP: Logged

File: JtRH Floor Styles.rar (2.8 MB)
Downloaded 363 times.
License: Other
icon New Floors! (+2)  
These floors can be used in building your holds for that extra, cool detail you might want to use for your holds. Some of the styles are already included in my hold I'm currently building.

It's pretty simple how to do it, but we all need directions I guess. Simply download the file, extract the styles into your computer, go into JtRH, go to Build Levels, click on the "Image Floor", then import the new styles.

Have fun with them!
08-31-2005 at 01:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5054
icon Re: New Floors! (+1)  
Cool. These images are public domain or have free-for-personal use licensing or something, right?

Here are some tips for those starting to use some realistic image flooring:

1. The room is 836x704 pixels. Use images of this size or smaller to save space. (The above images are all larger than that -- they won't fit completely in the room.)

2a. If you have a repeating texture, you may crop it to just one whole part. DROD will automatically tile it for you, and this saves more space.

2b. Use images that are multiples of 22 pixels on each side. Otherwise, they won't tile properly (and you'll probably get error messages in drod.err).

3. Most texture images should be scaled down before inclusion into the game. A common amateur mistake is using textures that look nice on the user's monitor but are unrealistically large to actually be a believable floor Beethro is actually walking around on. (It ends up looking like you're playing Pikmin or in Legoland and Beethro is tiny.) Shrink images until they look the size of something Beethro would be standing on in a normal-sized world.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 08-31-2005 08:52 PM]
08-31-2005 at 04:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 594
icon Re: New Floors! (0)  
Wow ! Cool ! :8 A must for every architect ! I especially like the grass and the metal floor. Also water2 looks quite useful.
08-31-2005 at 07:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : New Floors! (For you and others! Oh Boy!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com