Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Fishy
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
IP: Logged
icon Fishy (0)  
Here comes... FISHY!
You might call it a baby game but I like it. It is very addictive.
You are this fish and you start out really small and you have to eat fish that are smaller than you and you become bigger. If you touch a fish bigger than you, game over. I wish you had at least 2 lives. The furthest I ever got was level 8.

08-18-2005 at 05:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708

File: fish.PNG (2.3 KB)
Downloaded 205 times.
License: Other
icon Re: Fishy (0)  
There's a trick to this game that's not in the documentation - the bigger the fish you eat, the faster you grow. The choices you make early on make a huge difference later - I started a game and kept eating only fish which were nearly my size. It took me much longer to reach level 7, but by the time I was there, I could eat blue fish. Compared to a game where I just ate any available fish, and in level 7 I could only eat the smallest of the purple fish.

So, take your time and avoid tiny fish! It will make the game a lot easier later on.

Because I was bored - here is a comparison between two fish at the beginning of level 4. They both ate the exact same amount of fish, but the bottom one only ate fish nearly his own size while the top one ate smaller fish.

This may not seem like that huge a difference, but remember - this affects how big the fish they can eat are. So, the bottom fish can eat even bigger fish and grow faster than the top one can.

[Last edited by eytanz at 08-19-2005 04:24 AM]
08-19-2005 at 04:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
I knew that, I just get very lazy. :)

08-19-2005 at 04:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
My mum has a fish game on her mobile that I think I prefer. On that one, instead of having levels and a quota of fish, you're given a food bar. Depending on what size you are, it ticks down quicker; if you fill it up you grow in size, and if you let it empty you shrink in size. It also has discreet size intervals, so no 'I'm three pixels bigger than this fish, I can eat it'. (Edit: which has been annoying the expletive deleted out of me, incidentally.)

But I really like the concept.

[Last edited by Mattcrampy at 08-19-2005 10:39 AM]
08-19-2005 at 10:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Fishy
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com