Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : BUG: Ending does't run properly
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Scott
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 578
IP: Logged
icon BUG: Ending does't run properly (0)  
Build 26 fresh install upgraded my data. Restored to the last room and went down the stairs. The ending played up to where the kids asked about the secret room on lvl 4 then it said that it couldn't find a demo for a room needed to generate the dialog.

Drod.err file contains the following

Commands in saved game ID#1 could not be played back.Commands in saved game ID#10682 could not be played back.Assertion error in line 968 of D:\\data\\DROD CVSRoot\\Caravel\\DROD\\WinScreen.cpp.
07-02-2003 at 04:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: BUG: Ending does't run properly (0)  
This is saying it had a problem with displaying the first serpent room in level 7 (i.e. the serpent in the cage). I've got a sneaking suspicion that if you restore to that room and watch the victory demo in the demos screen (hit F6 while playing the room), your player will not complete the room in the demo. Is that true? Either way, please let me know -- it's not your fault -- I fixed the serpent code a tad and it could break demos from the original DROD. I'll put in a bug fix, but in the meanwhile there's a workaround: if you reconquer the room in DROD:AE, then the ending sequence should play correctly.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-02-2003 at 04:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
BTW, when you see "Commands in saved game ID#<whatever> could not be played back" in drod.err, that almost certainly means that a room's saved game has broken due to changes in monster behavior since DROD version 1.5. It shouldn't hurt anything involving game play, though.

The end sequence will be fixed in build 27 for the point you mentioned, so that if a saved game from version 1.5 no longer works it will still play part of the room -- whatever it can before you die -- and not exit out. (I don't think there's really anything else that can be done about this.)

07-02-2003 at 04:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: Re: BUG: Ending does't run properly (0)  
mrimer wrote:
it will still play part of the room -- whatever it can before you die -- and not exit out. (I don't think there's really anything else that can be done about this.)
Can't you just change Beethro's recorded moves to account for these changes so he still completes the room successfully? :devil

07-02-2003 at 04:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Scott
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 578
Ok I resolved that room on level 7 and it worked. However I did have a solved and working demo for it. I also had a second recorded demo that didn't work so I guess that the finishing movie uses the last played demo.
07-03-2003 at 01:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Yeah, it does use the last time you beat the room. In fact, you can beat it in different ways and it will change what you see each time.

07-03-2003 at 03:38 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : BUG: Ending does't run properly
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com