Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Third Level -- 1 North, 3 West (Where do I go from here?)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
angel_eyes651
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon Third Level -- 1 North, 3 West (0)  
I finally managed to kill the queen roaches and avoid the slayer (for now) but now where do I go? the way is still blocked. Help me please.

[Last edited by Oneiromancer at 07-28-2005 09:09 PM]
07-28-2005 at 08:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Third Level -- 1 North, 3 West (0)  
Okay, I think I got the room correct...I think you meant 1N 3W initially (1N 2W doesn't have the Slayer in it). 1N 3W is the final room on level 3, the final room in the demo. Once you kill the roach queens and drop the green door, you need to go down the stairs on the bottom right...get Halph to open the door for you like he was doing on level 2.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
07-28-2005 at 09:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
angel_eyes651
Yes You have the room correct, but I can't figure out how to drop the green door. Can you help?

07-28-2005 at 09:14 PM
Oneiromancer
Well...you said you killed all the roach queens already in your first message, so the green door should have dropped then. So now I'm quite confused. Are you having trouble killing the roach queens?

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
07-28-2005 at 09:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
angel_eyes651
All roach queens are dead, and I hear clear when the last one was killed, but the green door remains in place. The slayer keeps saying the door can't be opened from this side. I am at a true loss as to what to do now.

07-28-2005 at 09:22 PM
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
The yellow door can't be opened from this side. Bump into the door and halph will help you open it.

07-28-2005 at 09:24 PM
Oneiromancer
Yes...I have never heard of a green door not dropping when all monsters were fully killed. So either you mean the yellow door instead of the green door, in which case we've told you the solution...or it's not the correct room, in which case we need to know what the correct room is...or it really is a bug with the green door that needs to be investigated. But I really doubt that last one.

Game on,

07-28-2005 at 09:27 PM
angel_eyes651
Well, I am beginning to think there may be a glitch in the game since the green door hasn't opened after the last roach queen was killed. I made it this far so I will try to re-start the game and try it again. Thank you for trying to help me. Just to confirm though, it is the grren door in Third Level-1 North, 3 West. I can see Halph on the other side of the wall but can't reach the yellow door for him to open.

07-28-2005 at 09:30 PM
Oneiromancer
angel_eyes651 wrote:
The slayer keeps saying the door can't be opened from this side.

The Slayer only says this when you enter the bottom part of the room...I just checked in the dev build. So you have already killed the queens, and already dropped the green door...and just need to bump the yellow door to get Halph to open it, avoiding the Slayer while Halph is running to the orb.

Game on,

07-28-2005 at 09:30 PM
Oneiromancer
angel_eyes651 wrote:
Well, I am beginning to think there may be a glitch in the game since the green door hasn't opened after the last roach queen was killed. I made it this far so I will try to re-start the game and try it again. Thank you for trying to help me. Just to confirm though, it is the grren door in Third Level-1 North, 3 West. I can see Halph on the other side of the wall but can't reach the yellow door for him to open.

Can you replay the room and tell me exactly where the Slayer says that the door doesn't open from this side?

Game on,

07-28-2005 at 09:32 PM
angel_eyes651
yes I will replay room and let you know, thank you for trying to help/.

07-28-2005 at 09:35 PM
angel_eyes651
Just to keep you informed, when I hit R to restart room, all roach queens are still dead, the slayer follows me in the room, I walk down towards where the green door is and the slayer says " a bad way to go Delver, that door doesn't open from this side.

07-28-2005 at 09:39 PM
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
If you hear Slayer to say those words, you've already passed the green door. The other door should definitely be yellow and openable by the orb that's behind. Bump the door to tell Halph to open it and you should get through in a short while.
07-28-2005 at 09:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
angel_eyes651 wrote:
Just to keep you informed, when I hit R to restart room, all roach queens are still dead, the slayer follows me in the room, I walk down towards where the green door is and the slayer says " a bad way to go Delver, that door doesn't open from this side.

Okay...this is indeed very odd. Can you take a screenshot of the room for me? The most basic way to do this is to use the PrintScreen button on the upper right of your keyboard, which copies an image of your screen to the clipboard. Then you can paste it into an image editing program (like MS Paint, which comes with Windows), and save it as an image file. Then post it as an attachment to this thread so we can check it out.

If you have the demo version...which I don't have a copy of...I suppose it's possible there's some kind of bug. But I'd still like to see what you see.

Thanks!

Game on,

07-28-2005 at 09:43 PM
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
He probably left the room and came back and pressed r so of course the monsters wouldn't come back.

07-28-2005 at 09:46 PM
Oneiromancer
rowrow wrote:
He probably left the room and came back and pressed r so of course the monsters wouldn't come back.
Perhaps, but it is still the case that the green door shouldn't be there, so I still want to see a screenshot.

Game on,

07-28-2005 at 09:49 PM
angel_eyes651
icon Re: Third Level -- 1 North, 3 West (+1)  
I finally got past the green door, thanks for the help.

07-28-2005 at 09:58 PM
angel_eyes651
I took screen shots but it didnt help, the green door was just out of view.

07-28-2005 at 09:59 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Third Level -- 1 North, 3 West (Where do I go from here?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com