Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 (Smitemaster's Selection)
Page 2 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

8.3/10 (89 votes)
σ 1.30
Author Name:Erik Hermansen
Submitted By:ErikH2000
Hold Name:King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0
Theme:Smitemaster's Selection
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:26
Number of Rooms:408
Number of Monsters:5095
Version:DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:5 (+5 / -0)
Poster Message
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
IP: Logged
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 (0)  
ChrisB wrote:
Great to hear all the good news about KDD2, but where can I download it, there does not seem to be a hyperlink in this thread or on the HOLDS page?
You have to download it from the in-game Change Location menu. It's below all the other holds you've downloaded, with the other holds on the website. You have to have CaravelNet to download it, of course, which it looks like you have, so it shouldn't be a problem!

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
08-04-2005 at 08:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ChrisB
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 58
Thanks Oneiromancer

Saw it in the list greyed out and have now managed to download it - should keep me happy for couple of weeks.

08-04-2005 at 08:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
robin
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 842
There is one tiny thing that I regret:
When you mastered JtRH and you start all over again,
you can visit the Dreamplane and go back and continue the game.
With KDD2.0 is this not possible

But like I said, it's a tiny thing, I fully enjoyed playing it.

08-05-2005 at 02:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
cbemom
Rank Points: 36
Oneiromancer wrote:

You have to download it from the in-game Change Location menu. It's below all the other holds you've downloaded, with the other holds on the website.

Game on,

I have caravelnet, even asked for a new key - I still don't see this or the choice on the grayed list anywhere. Any ideas??

08-05-2005 at 02:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 (+1)  
cbemom wrote:
I have caravelnet, even asked for a new key - I still don't see this or the choice on the grayed list anywhere. Any ideas??
You have a free one-month trial subscription to CaravelNet, which does not include the ability to download Smitemaster's Selection holds. You can, however, download other holds in-game and submit high scores.

08-05-2005 at 03:03 PM
cbemom
Rank Points: 36
sad now... :weep

08-05-2005 at 03:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
robin wrote:
There is one tiny thing that I regret:
When you mastered JtRH and you start all over again,
you can visit the Dreamplane and go back and continue the game.
With KDD2.0 is this not possible

But like I said, it's a tiny thing, I fully enjoyed playing it.

What exactly do you mean?
Click here to view the secret text

08-05-2005 at 11:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
I think that he means the stairs in the entrance of Dreamplane that allow returning to the previous level if you want to continue re-exploring the hold without restoring.
08-05-2005 at 11:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
Just mastered the hold, so here are my comments

08-06-2005 at 06:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
08-06-2005 at 07:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
robin
Rank Points: 842
Doom wrote:
I think that he means the stairs in the entrance of Dreamplane that allow returning to the previous level if you want to continue re-exploring the hold without restoring.

That's exactly what I mean.

But iy's just one tiny thing, so nothing to worry about

[Last edited by robin at 08-06-2005 01:13 PM]
08-06-2005 at 01:12 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
Oneiromancer wrote:

08-06-2005 at 05:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
Regarding the 'Neather:

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
08-08-2005 at 06:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708

File: KDD20 Fourth Level 1N Victory.demo (1.5 KB)
Downloaded 75 times.
License: Other
Scripting bug - In level 4 1N, the script will occasionally give the wrong response at the end of the room. Demo attached.

09-02-2005 at 11:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
I have the latest JtRH patch now, but "Download" in "Change Location" is still disabled. Can anyone explain why upgrading hasn't enabled the option?

-Noah

My stuff:

09-03-2005 at 01:18 AM
NoahT
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 (-3)  
I don't mean to sound rude or impatient, but since I was asking for help, I am expecting a reply. So, anyone have an explanation?

Sorry if anyone does find this post rude.

-Noah

My stuff:

09-05-2005 at 03:02 AM
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
NoahT wrote:
I have the latest JtRH patch now, but "Download" in "Change Location" is still disabled. Can anyone explain why upgrading hasn't enabled the option?
First, a stupid question: You're sure that the patch installed correctly? i.e. you see 2.0.9 on the title screen?

If so, is the download button disabled for all holds, or just this one? How about The Choice?

09-05-2005 at 04:10 AM
patmo98
Rank Points: 39
What version number is displayed in the upper right corner of JtRH?

[Last edited by patmo98 at 09-05-2005 10:08 PM : Schik beat me to it]
09-05-2005 at 04:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NoahT
I have version 2.0.9. But it no longer matters, since I requested a new Caravelnet key, and that solved the problem. There's no more need to regard the previous two posts I made.

-Noah

My stuff:

09-05-2005 at 04:17 AM
Chris
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 144
L15, 1S 3W.

How about a scroll or something warning not to leave to the West unless you have finished the rest of the level?

Or some way of letting me back in to finish the level if I leave to the West before finishing the other rooms, such as... oh, never mind. :)
09-16-2005 at 01:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
icon King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 update (+2)  
Adam and I have given King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 some better aesthetics. Rooms here and there look a bit different (e.g., different floor textures, obstacles...). This update is just for looks -- no relevant room geometry or solutions should have been changed at all. So, downloading the new version of this hold through CaravelNet isn't necessary unless you're interested in tracking your progress + scores for this hold on CaravelNet. This is also the version being included in DROD: King Dugan's Dungeon.

I highly recommend patching JtRH to 2.0.10 before upgrading this hold -- the demo score reverification step will go much more quickly.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
10-04-2005 at 01:16 AM
xramer
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
icon Re: King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 (+2)  
Whew! Finally finished the darn thing. Yes, I found all them thar secret rooms and got through to The End, even defeating that snake in the Neatherland flashback ... so my questions are: where can I see my scores? (I looked under the Restore function and can only find percentages, including 96% for L13, my only drop from 100%, hmm). And can someone tell me how fantastic JtRH is and why I should waste more of my money and time that I don't have ... yikes ...

08-09-2006 at 01:36 AM
Oneiromancer
Well, you would see your scores here on the website, by clicking on the "High Scores" link at the top of the page. But you need to have CaravelNet to have high scores. And I can see that you don't have CaravelNet because you don't have a trophy at the bottom of your post (which also leads to the high score page for that person if you click on it).

CaravelNet is awesome stuff, but so is JtRH. It's hard to say why someone should choose one over the other. CaravelNet has high scores and the Smitemaster's Selections. But you should really play JtRH to get training in the new 2.0 elements and get caught up on the story. I mean, of course we want you to get both, but sounds like you'd probably have to choose between one or the other.

Game on,

08-09-2006 at 02:51 AM
Niccus
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 308
Psst, JtRH comes with one month of CaravelNet.
08-09-2006 at 02:53 AM
Chaco
Rank Points: 3624
You can't download the Smitemaster's Selections with that one month, though, so he's still stuck.

[Last edited by Chaco at 08-09-2006 02:54 AM]
08-09-2006 at 02:54 AM
Oneiromancer
Ah, I wasn't really aware of what you got with JtRH now that you don't get a full year of CNet. Thanks.

Game on,

08-09-2006 at 02:54 AM
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
xramer wrote:
Whew! Finally finished the darn thing. Yes, I found all them thar secret rooms and got through to The End, even defeating that snake in the Neatherland flashback ... so my questions are: where can I see my scores? (I looked under the Restore function and can only find percentages, including 96% for L13, my only drop from 100%, hmm). And can someone tell me how fantastic JtRH is and why I should waste more of my money and time that I don't have ... yikes ...

If you are in the UK, and you pay for one, I'll pay for the other. Simple. There is no way living without both could possibly be contemplated. Deal?
08-12-2006 at 01:11 PM
xramer
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
Syntax wrote:
If you are in the UK, and you pay for one, I'll pay for the other. Simple. There is no way living without both could possibly be contemplated. Deal?
I guess your offer doesn't extend to Canada (sigh)

08-12-2006 at 03:38 PM
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
PM me
08-12-2006 at 03:49 PM
Jason
Rank Points: 1076
I have a bunch of scores, yes scores not demos, for KDD2. I was optimizing some rooms, and it says "This hold is not published on Caravelnet.", so I can't upload any scores. Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks.

EDIT: It isn't just KDD2, it is KPVD too. Ummm... Just a moment I am going to test something...

EDIT2: It isn't all the holds, most of them work.

I am going to move this the The Site so sorry for posting here.

Given Tokyokid's response, I will cross that out and wait for tomarrow! ;)

[Last edited by Jason at 03-30-2007 05:09 PM]
03-30-2007 at 04:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 2 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 (Smitemaster's Selection)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com