Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Named Saves
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
IP: Logged
icon Named Saves (+1)  
This came up in correspondence with a player, and I thought it was worth posting.

Players can give a name to any of the automatic saves DROD makes. One save will be deemed the 'most complete' save, and will represent the furthest a player has gotten. When a save is made, if that save has the same cleared rooms as the most complete save, the new save becomes the most complete save (so if you're playing the most complete save, it will stay the most complete save, but if you restore back, complete a new room, and then complete all of the other rooms so far, your game from the restore is considered the most complete save).

The most complete save and any named saved games can be accessed from a list on the restore screen. This will bring up the saved game as normal.

This would serve, essentially, as restore screen light - DROD's save system is more complex than other games, so this emulates a model players are familiar with without sacrificing any of the flexibility. Also, there'd be a button to go straight to where you're up to, and that seems useful.

07-20-2005 at 06:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Named Saves
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com