Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Mimics & rattlesnakes (perhaps not a bug)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
StuartK
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 564
IP: Logged
icon Mimics & rattlesnakes (+1)  
When using multiple mimics to remove multiple sections from a single rattlesnake in a single turn, the number of sections removed depends on the movement order of the mimics. Similarly, with Beethro and a single mimic, if the mimic removes the first section of rattlesnake, and Beethro has his sword over the next, at the end of that turn, Beethros sword will be over the tail, but it will be intact.

Should all valid rattlesnake tail sections be removed, irrespective of the movement order of mimics/decoys/Beethro?
07-10-2005 at 11:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: Mimics & rattlesnakes (+1)  
StuartK wrote:
When using multiple mimics to remove multiple sections from a single rattlesnake in a single turn, the number of sections removed depends on the movement order of the mimics. Similarly, with Beethro and a single mimic, if the mimic removes the first section of rattlesnake, and Beethro has his sword over the next, at the end of that turn, Beethros sword will be over the tail, but it will be intact.

Should all valid rattlesnake tail sections be removed, irrespective of the movement order of mimics/decoys/Beethro?
I agree. It looks like a movement order problem, and it's probably quite unintuitive, although I think the problem is also to do with rattlesnake tail movements as well as mimic placement order. I researched it a bit more, and this is what I've found out about the movement sequence:

First, Beethro and mimics move, Beethro first and then each mimic in the order of placement, so meaning that differing numbers of segments can be removed in this first step, depending on how the mimics were placed. Then, the rattlesnake moves one square forward (if it can do so), and after that, the current tail is destroyed if it is under a sword. However, any newly formed tails are not destroyed, even if they are under swords, which probably is where the problem arises.

Perhaps the last step, where tails under swords are removed after the rattlesnake moves, could be changed so that any newly formed tails that are also under swords are destroyed too. This would be more intuitive, and also more consistent with the behaviour for mimics and tar.

07-11-2005 at 01:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Mimics & rattlesnakes (0)  
I concur with Wesley's suggestion.

07-11-2005 at 03:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Mimics & rattlesnakes (perhaps not a bug)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com