Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Please don't ask me to beta test your hold (until August)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
IP: Logged
icon Please don't ask me to beta test your hold (0)  
I didn't think it's necessary to post this here but several people asked me to beta test their holds recently and I've had to refuse all of them. I'm flattered, but I also lack access to a computer that has DROD installed on it until the second week of August, so I can't help with beta testing for a while.

07-10-2005 at 09:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: Please don't ask me to beta test your hold (+2)  
Why not just switch the Beta-Test setting to "No" while you're gone? Just as effective, IMO.

07-10-2005 at 05:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
icon Re: Please don't ask me to beta test your hold (0)  
Um,

Because:

A - I'm stupid.

B - I haven't really been following the forum with as much attention as I should have, because I only check it once every few days.

C - I'm stupid.

D - I wanted to explain to the people whose beta tests I declined over the past few days why.

E - I'm stupid.

07-11-2005 at 12:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
icon Re: Please don't ask me to beta test your hold (+1)  
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
Why not just switch the Beta-Test setting to "No" while you're gone? Just as effective, IMO.
I don't know. Maybe he is stupid.
:)

[Last edited by rowrow at 07-15-2005 09:47 AM]
07-13-2005 at 04:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
SbCl3
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 61
He is one of the developers, right?

Generally, people that know C++ and know it well aren't stupid.

I think its more of a short attention span or unawareness than stupidity.
07-14-2005 at 04:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Um...rowrow was only saying that because Eytan accused himself of being stupid...no less than 3 times. I guess rowrow should have added a smiley to show he was being sarcastic.

And Eytan was a level designer, not a programming developer...at least for JtRH. He certainly does programming on his own time, for EyAngband if nothing else.

(I think he worked on some of the sprites too, but don't quote me on that.)

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
07-14-2005 at 05:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
As Onieromancer says, I was a level designer in JtRH - I didn't touch a line of code. And I don't know C++ - when I do program, I so in C.

(As for sprites - I made some tiny manipulations to some of them, but nothing that involved actual drawing. The only graphic where I did something other than just change the color balance is the ortho square, where the original version was too thin and easy to miss so I made it thicker).

07-20-2005 at 02:43 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Please don't ask me to beta test your hold (until August)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com