Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : why this forum is better (than alot others)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
roachman
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
IP: Logged
icon why this forum is better (0)  
this place is the best forum ive seen in a while. :thumbsup
why? its new, and NOT flooded with annoying and stupid mods like gamewinners.com is.

07-08-2005 at 11:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
IP: Logged
icon Re: why this forum is better (0)  
Well, it's certainly not because we're new.

But I think at least some of the credit has to go to the way Erik in particular has managed the community's growth. And how intimate the forum is.

But yeah, a big part of it is that we have a demographic that conveniently tends to behave itself on forums.

That forum almost doesn't need moderators, because any idiots are instantly ostracized by regular forum users.

b0rsuk reminded me of something - one of the key differences between us and many other genteel forums is that we're generally accepting of newbies. Sure, some of them need straightening out, and some turn out to be Stephen again, but for the most part the moderators aren't afraid to step in where people are coming to blows instead of letting the community 'police itself', which can turn ugly quick. And any mods that are out of line get a talking to from Erik, but that happens only when necessary.

[Last edited by Mattcrampy at 07-11-2005 01:44 PM]
07-11-2005 at 01:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : why this forum is better (than alot others)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com