Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Press Clippings : DROD mentioned on Suburban Chicago News
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
IP: Logged
icon DROD mentioned on Suburban Chicago News (+2)  
It looks like we got another good mention in a article about Independent Developer games. Although it's on the website, it looks like the article may have been printed in newspapers in Chicago as well.

Check out the scoop here.

07-07-2005 at 07:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: DROD mentioned on Suburban Chicago News (0)  
Very cool! However, the "supports online play" comment is pretty misleading...a high score list does not online play make. Hopefully not too many people will be expecting a competitive-type game...the rest of the mini-review was decent and since it doesn't mention that it might not be a problem.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
07-07-2005 at 07:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
Wow, very cool! Patrick, thanks for reporting on this.

You guys want to know how these things happen?

May - Me and Joseph Leiberman write a press release for DROD. I pay him fifty bucks to bombard the world with it.

June - Matt Cappellini receives the press release and e-mails me to ask for a full version copy to look at. I get him one without hesitation. "And is there anything else you need, Matt? Just ask!" We definitely jump for reviewers. I've mailed CDs to three so far.

July - Joseph hears from his buddy Matt that three of the games for which he sent press releases will be in an upcoming article. And "bam!", it happens.

-Erik

07-07-2005 at 07:52 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
icon Re: DROD mentioned on Suburban Chicago News (+1)  
Is this Bizzaro Joe Lieberman? The Lieberman I'm familiar with does things like this.

07-07-2005 at 08:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
Yes, this is in fact, an entirely different Joseph Leiberman--the original one, who uses his powers to help the game industry. The bizarro Leiberman would love to see the game industry curled up weeping at his feet. "Senator, may I please have your permission to release my game?"

-Erik

07-07-2005 at 08:41 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: DROD mentioned on Suburban Chicago News (+1)  
You know, originally when I got involved with JtRH I really disliked Halph. But now I'm pretty glad he's in the game - if for nothing else, I think it's the first computer game which involves a nephew as a gameplay element.

07-07-2005 at 08:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Press Clippings : DROD mentioned on Suburban Chicago News
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com