Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : So, anyone heard/been effected by the chaos in london?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Blood Maggot
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 42
IP: Logged
icon So, anyone heard/been effected by the chaos in london? (0)  
I like in London, it's all over the news. I believe that 6 bombs have been set off, 3 on double decker busses, 2 in London Undeground stations, and one on a train. Roughly 20 people have died and my dad is stuck on a train somewhere in the London underground.

: (
07-07-2005 at 01:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Didouneto
Rank Points: 79
icon Re: So, anyone heard/been effected by the chaos in london? (0)  
... :|
07-07-2005 at 01:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Didouneto
Rank Points: 79
07-07-2005 at 02:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
I was in Cambridge today and didn't really hear about for a long time, but I was surprised that it didn't affect my journey back up the M1/M6.
07-07-2005 at 07:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
It might be a lame consolation, but I will say one thing about the Brits... they know how to handle terrorist threats like this really well. In the US, our government and media work everyone up into a frenzy. In England, they seem to deal with it more quietly and practically.

-Erik

07-07-2005 at 08:30 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
techant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 854
icon Re: So, anyone heard/been effected by the chaos in london? (+1)  
My thoughts and prayers are with those who are in London.

07-07-2005 at 08:41 PM
jamie
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 365
A friend of mine was stuck on a tube train behind one that blew up, and she had to wait there stuck on the train for over 2 hours...

Fortunately, I didn't even know she was spending the day in London until she told me about it today.

All the Londoners I know are ok - it must have been horrible, compounded by the fact that people couldn't phone people on their mobiles to let them know they were ok, as the police switched off the mobile phone networks to stop the terrorists being able to communicate with each other.

Still, at least the emergency services dealt well with the situation, and hopefully these evil 'people' will be caught soon.

07-09-2005 at 02:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : So, anyone heard/been effected by the chaos in london?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com