Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : re: DROD not starting properly.
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon re: DROD not starting properly. (0)  
Stuart wrote:
I played with deleting and importing my build 23 player data for a while. At one point, I exited Drod with no player data installed, and reloading didn't start Drod properly, although it was present in the task list. I couldn't repeat this. I'm supposing my build 23 player data could have introduced some corruption. Reinstalled.
I don't understand the state you've described: "reloading didn't start DROD properly, although it was present in the task list." By reloading do you mean importing a player? And what did you see when you restarted DROD, i.e. nothing, black screen, music played.

-Erik

07-01-2003 at 12:18 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
StuartK
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 564
icon Re: re: DROD not starting properly. (0)  
ErikH2000 wrote:
Stuart wrote:
I played with deleting and importing my build 23 player data for a while. At one point, I exited Drod with no player data installed, and reloading didn't start Drod properly, although it was present in the task list. I couldn't repeat this. I'm supposing my build 23 player data could have introduced some corruption. Reinstalled.
I don't understand the state you've described: "reloading didn't start DROD properly, although it was present in the task list." By reloading do you mean importing a player? And what did you see when you restarted DROD, i.e. nothing, black screen, music played.

-Erik

I deleted all player data, quit DROD, restarted immediately (maybe too quickly? would a problem be caused by quitting DROD and starting it again really fast?) and got nothing, no display, music or anything. The DROD task /was/ present in my tasklist, until I ended the process. This only happened once.

Would killing this DROD process have caused database corruption?
07-01-2003 at 03:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Re: re: DROD not starting properly. (0)  
StuartK wrote:
I deleted all player data, quit DROD, restarted immediately (maybe too quickly? would a problem be caused by quitting DROD and starting it again really fast?) and got nothing, no display, music or anything. The DROD task /was/ present in my tasklist, until I ended the process. This only happened once.
This sounds like you had two instances of DROD running briefly. Mike checked in a fix related to this.
Would killing this DROD process have caused database corruption?
Yeah, that is generally what causes all of our DB corruptions--the process exiting in the middle of DB activity. Not to say that DB corruption always occurs when the process exits this way.

I think we should move onto the next build and let this issue go since the causes for it may have been corrected.

-Erik

07-02-2003 at 04:10 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : re: DROD not starting properly.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com