Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : I just finished Planescape: Torment. (I thought this game was...)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
goldenlion
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 199
IP: Logged
icon I just finished Planescape: Torment. (+1)  
...one of the most unique games I've ever played.

A truly great game in the genre of Adventure or RPG must not only have a certain quality of gameplay, but must have good music, and tell a great story. The truly memorable games (Grim Fandango, Chrono Trigger) that I've ever played have these three elements. And Planescape is one of these.

This game has so much text in it, it's got a lot of kinship with the text adventures of old. (and the new ones written today as well) The story is, in short, the best I've seen in a game. The characters are incredibly memorable. This is a deeply affecting game.

The gameplay isn't brilliant (only good), and the game still relies on some typical RPG conventions. There are a couple of minor technical issues as well, but really, they are only small flaws. Seriously, if you have any interest in RPGs or a great, text-driven story, you should find this game on eBay immediately.

06-30-2005 at 10:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
IP: Logged
icon Re: I just finished Planescape: Torment. (0)  
Basically, Balder's Gate, but well-written and engaging.

07-01-2005 at 09:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : I just finished Planescape: Torment. (I thought this game was...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com