Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Bug?:Trapdoors in "lava" scheme
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
IP: Logged
icon Bug?:Trapdoors in "lava" scheme (0)  
For some reason, the trapdoors in the "lava" scheme are brown rather than red. This is different from 1.5, and the only scheme in which trapdoor color varies.

06-29-2003 at 02:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
icon Re: Bug?:Trapdoors in "lava" scheme (0)  
So exactly why is this a bug?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
06-30-2003 at 10:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
I'm not sure whether or not it's a bug (which is why there's a question mark after bug in title), but note that red doors are still red in the lava scheme, so there is a discrpency there now; also, this is a definite change from 1.5.

07-01-2003 at 12:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5058
Ok, got it. No, this is how it's supposed to be. Otherwise, the trapdoors blend in with the lava and are hard to see.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-01-2003 at 12:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Re: Bug?:Trapdoors in "lava" scheme (0)  
eytanz wrote:
I'm not sure whether or not it's a bug (which is why there's a question mark after bug in title), but note that red doors are still red in the lava scheme, so there is a discrpency there now; also, this is a definite change from 1.5.
We changed the trapdoors so they would stand out against the lava. You are right that it is inconsistent that we didn't also change the red doors. However, they don't seem to cause the same visual problems, or at least not so frequently. A trapdoor tile is often visually compared to a lava tile by player, so it was worth making the two tiles more distinct from each other.

-Erik

07-01-2003 at 12:48 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Huh? But the "slime" scheme has the same floor tiles as "lava" - and red walls, which the trapdoors could far more easily blend into than lava's green walls - and yet, the trapdoors are red there.

(Also, on my monitor the purple floors and the trapdoors look nothing alike, but I realize that that may vary and that some people may have poorer eyesight).

07-01-2003 at 12:51 AM
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
icon Re: Re: Bug?:Trapdoors in "lava" scheme (0)  
eytanz wrote:

It's probably not much more extreme than what I'd said in my earlier post mentioning that the light and dark tiles were reversed for the "lava" scheme. What I mentioned, though, was a little less extreme, as it was true for all versions, but what you mentioned is only true for 1.6. I'd say yours was better to report. But this all regardless of the reasons for the trapdoors being brown (which was the color for most of schemes' trapdoors in Webfoot DROD. I'm kind if wondering why they were all changed to the same color in version 1.5.).

By the way, sorry for the inconvience in my post. I added to my reply that I wasn't really considering it a bug.

Good luck testing! ;)

-Noah

[Edited by NoahT on 07-01-2003 at 12:57 AM GMT: Convenience/Small statement]

[Edited by NoahT on 07-01-2003 at 12:59 AM GMT: Statement change]

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

07-01-2003 at 12:52 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Bug?:Trapdoors in "lava" scheme
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com