Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Something rotten in Holds... (Red folders, but not what you think.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
IP: Logged
icon Something rotten in Holds... (+1)  
Whenever there's a new hold in the Holds forum (directly upon an admin post) it doesn't show up as a red folder.

This has happened to me at least twice since I've been away from the automatic updater.

I have noticed because the number of topics has increased. Holds was red both times I checked, but that's because other holds had topics discussed. New holds were represented by yellow folders.

My request: That this be changed so that admin posts go to red folders.

My hope: That this is a new discovery, and I won't be considered silly for it.

06-13-2005 at 09:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
IP: Logged
icon Re: Something rotten in Holds... (+1)  
Nah, I know Schik has known about this for a while. It's a consequence of the way the hold posts are generated by the forum instead of being an actual post. They also don't get e-mailed to you...so I almost never see new holds until someone posts a response to them.

My guess is that it isn't high on Schik's priority list, although he'd like to do something about it eventually.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
06-13-2005 at 09:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Something rotten in Holds... (Red folders, but not what you think.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com