Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Eighth Level : 3 South
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
drodette
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 25
IP: Logged
icon Journey to Rooted Hold : Eighth Level : 3 South (0)  
*sniff* Speaking of dying a thousand deaths! Anybody?

05-31-2005 at 08:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
schep
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 865
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Eighth Level : 3 South (+1)  
Did you know that
Click here to view the secret text

05-31-2005 at 10:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
drodette
Rank Points: 25
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Eighth Level : 3 South (0)  
Well no indeedy. I did not know that. Thank you muchly.

06-01-2005 at 01:22 AM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Note that the orbs will close the doors next to them and open the doors an orb away.

06-04-2005 at 05:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
O.K. This room is just freaking me out. I kill all the snakes but then I get overwhelmed by the roaches! What is the best place to stand while I wait for the snakes to die? And where's a good place to run away from roaches? And which Queen should die first?
01-15-2006 at 07:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Well, since it's possible to hit an orb to close a door and be standing on top of that door--which makes you invulnerable to the monsters--planning ahead should be easy to make you safe. Since the queens only produce 1 roach per turn each...just take it nice and slow, use the orbs as cover and don't let yourself get surrounded.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-15-2006 at 07:49 PM
Ezlo
That's the problem! I can't figure out a place where I don't get surrounded! Am I supposed to just pick on brick and stay there? Or hop from brick to brick?
01-15-2006 at 08:14 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Ezlo wrote:
That's the problem! I can't figure out a place where I don't get surrounded! Am I supposed to just pick on brick and stay there? Or hop from brick to brick?
You need to step on a door next to the orb that closes it (just click on the orbs to find one), then close it by rotating - as long as you're staying on the closed door, you're totally invulnerable to anything in the room.

Wait a bit for the serpents to bite the dust, then rotate to kill all the roaches you can reach, then head for the orbs. Should be rather easy at the slow rate new roaches spawn at...

np: Beige - Women And Children First! (Als Wäre Das Die Lösung) (Ein Königreich Für Eine Handgranate)

01-15-2006 at 09:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Well, obviously you're going to have to move at some point or you'll never get to the roach queens. You might need to be more efficient in killing the roaches that do get to you so that you can move more before the next spawn reaches you. Other than that, I'm not sure that there's any real advice to give...if you're still having trouble I can probably give you a demo.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-15-2006 at 09:07 PM
Ezlo
The way demos have been working for me, don't bother. My problem is that I can't step off the square without hitting an orb which causes roaches to come at me from two directions I can't defend at once.
01-15-2006 at 09:24 PM
Oneiromancer

File: JtRH Eighth Level 3S Victory.demo (3 KB)
Downloaded 189 times.
License: Public Domain
Your problem with demos was KDD, not JtRH, and was actually more a problem on Alneyan's end, I believe. Try this one.

Game on,

01-15-2006 at 09:44 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Ezlo wrote:
The way demos have been working for me, don't bother. My problem is that I can't step off the square without hitting an orb which causes roaches to come at me from two directions I can't defend at once.
You need to find a set of doors that doesn't block most of the roaches when they're coming at you, that way you can smite most of them and prevent them from piling up.

np: Ricardo Villalobos - True To Myself (Thé Au Harem D'Archimède)

01-15-2006 at 10:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
GigaClon
Rank Points: 21
heres a good tip

02-13-2007 at 10:40 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Eighth Level : 3 South
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com