Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-First Level : 2 North, 1 East (round and round it goes and where it stops nobody knows)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
bdwing
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 288
IP: Logged
icon Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-First Level : 2 North, 1 East (0)  
I just can't get my mind around this room.

After you get to the tunnels, you just go round and round while the roaches move in response to your position. Always I have at least one roach getting trapped in the wrong space so that it won't be destroyed by the bomb blast.

On top of that, there is a time limit beause the mud will grow so large that it cannot be cut. And there is at least one mud baby to be taken care of on the now unreachable side.

:weep

"Until it ends, there is no end."
05-31-2005 at 11:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1486
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-First Level : 2 North, 1 East (+1)  
I do not know how to explain how to get rid of the roaches without knowing a bit more about where you´re stuck. I can however help you with the timeproblem. Would it help if I told you that you have
Click here to view the secret text
?

If not

Good luck!
05-31-2005 at 12:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bdwing
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 288
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-First Level : 2 North, 1 East (0)  
Thanks.

That was what I needed.

:blush

"Until it ends, there is no end."
05-31-2005 at 01:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Unkillable Cat
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
I know exactly how to solve this room, but the only problem is I'm not quite certain how to get the rock golems to stop the mud from blocking the passage. I can get two passages blocked, but by then the mud has already blocked one passage and the mud babies prevent me from luring more rock golems into the passage.

07-27-2005 at 11:14 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939

07-28-2005 at 04:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
SuperPedro
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
i understood how to stop the mud.
But i still don´t know how to bring the roaches to the bomb using the teleporters
07-29-2005 at 04:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ChrisB
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 58
Yes Guys

I am now totally flummoxed by the circuits necessary to get the roaches to the bomb - have done the GOLEM thing. Demo maybe???

Cheers
Chris

10-11-2005 at 07:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Cascade
Rank Points: 46
ChrisB wrote:
Yes Guys

I am now totally flummoxed by the circuits necessary to get the roaches to the bomb - have done the GOLEM thing. Demo maybe???

Cheers
Chris
Just take your time... there's no rush. You wanna keep them mostly as a block - don't try and get them through one by one. They'll string out after going round a corner... so you'll spend a fair bit of time going back on yourself to bunch them up against walls again after each turn. Don't forget that

10-12-2005 at 08:41 AM
ChrisB
Rank Points: 58
Hey that's great, allthe fun of a merry-go-round without the side effects!!

Thanks - onwards and upwards.

10-12-2005 at 07:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Kafka
Rank Points: 42
I don't get this. I've manoeuvred the roaches and blown them all up, but now I'm stuck on the tunnels and can only go round and round widdershins. How do I get back?

[Last edited by Kafka at 04-28-2006 11:12 PM]
02-01-2006 at 11:35 PM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
There are two tunnels you can use to enter the encircling area...did you use the wrong one?

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
02-01-2006 at 11:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kafka
I must have done. Does that mean there's no way out and I've got to work it out all over again?

[Last edited by Kafka at 04-28-2006 11:12 PM]
02-02-2006 at 12:42 AM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
I would say so, yes. If you want, record your current progress into a demo in case you have trouble reproducing it.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
02-02-2006 at 12:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kafka
Thanks, I was just too thick to see that I kept making the same mistake. Manoeuvring the roaches was a headache, but possible, It gets easier after you've done it twenty times!

[Last edited by Kafka at 04-28-2006 11:13 PM]
02-02-2006 at 01:19 AM
wiseoldman
Rank Points: 50
Can someone please tell me how to get a stoneman in the opening for either of the two top empty passages? I can get one in the right and left bottom but I can't figure out how to place one in either of the top two openings. I can't lure them out so they will follow me to the passage except exactly like I did for the two bottom passages. I know how to place the roaches above so they will be killed but I figure I should be doing the stonemen first ... really stuck here :blush

Oh do I just have to have the stonemen someplace near the empty passageway, e.g. 2nd square down from the opening?
04-28-2006 at 07:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
wiseoldman wrote:
Can someone please tell me how to get a stoneman in the opening for either of the two top empty passages? I can get one in the right and left bottom but I can't figure out how to place one in either of the top two openings. I can't lure them out so they will follow me to the passage except exactly like I did for the two bottom passages. I know how to place the roaches above so they will be killed but I figure I should be doing the stonemen first ... really stuck here :blush

Oh do I just have to have the stonemen someplace near the empty passageway, e.g. 2nd square down from the opening?

That should be sufficient. All you're trying to do is prevent a situation where the mud expands to form an uncuttable wall.

04-28-2006 at 08:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
yarnexpress
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 24
I can't figure out how to prevent the roaches from going on force arrows. I'm talking at the start here. I tried following the "keep them together post" but they string out & I eventually wind up with 1 either on the diagonal force arrow or the downward one. Just tell me! I'm so bored with this room & this level. Not fun or interesting. Let me move on to something which I hope will be interesting and/or fun. (I wish we had the option to skip rooms!)

I loathe this room! It looks like several puzzles just stuck together. This whole level is tedious (thus far) in the extreme. Maneuvering mimics through bombs is just a drag, not interesting at all. The only challenge is keeping awake while doing it.
12-07-2006 at 04:28 PM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-First Level : 2 North, 1 East (+2)  
yarnexpress wrote:
I can't figure out how to prevent the roaches from going on force arrows. I'm talking at the start here. I tried following the "keep them together post" but they string out & I eventually wind up with 1 either on the diagonal force arrow or the downward one. Just tell me! I'm so bored with this room & this level. Not fun or interesting. Let me move on to something which I hope will be interesting and/or fun. (I wish we had the option to skip rooms!)

I loathe this room! It looks like several puzzles just stuck together. This whole level is tedious (thus far) in the extreme. Maneuvering mimics through bombs is just a drag, not interesting at all. The only challenge is keeping awake while doing it.
Sorry your not enjoying this level.

Anyway, the steps I used to get out of the first section(which is the hardest part of the puzzle, incidentally)

12-07-2006 at 11:57 PM
skip
Rank Points: 12
:w00t I can't do any of this room. May I please see a demo?
Thank you
12-23-2006 at 09:19 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516

File: JtRH Twenty-First Level 2N1E Victory.demo (5.7 KB)
Downloaded 328 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-First Level : 2 North, 1 East (+2)  
skip wrote:
:w00t I can't do any of this room. May I please see a demo?
Thank you
Here's a little christmas present... ;)

np: Monolake - Nucleus (Gravity)

12-24-2006 at 12:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
skip
Rank Points: 12
:thumbsup :thumbsup Thank you very much.
12-24-2006 at 02:42 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Twenty-First Level : 2 North, 1 East (round and round it goes and where it stops nobody knows)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com