Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : MetDROiD (Maze/Adventure/Novelty)
Page 2 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.2/10 (50 votes)
σ 2.16
Author Name:geomatrx
Submitted By:geomatrx
Hold Name:MetDROiD AE
Theme:Maze/Adventure/Novelty
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:222
Number of Monsters:2955
Version:DROD: Architect's Edition
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:7 (+12 / -5)
Poster Message
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1182
IP: Logged
icon Re: MetDROiD (0)  
I'm not typically a fan of this type of hold, but this one worked pretty well. A lot of work has clearly gone into the hold.

There are a few rooms that are good on their own, but the merit of the hold is as a whole. The large scale puzzle of getting each code and using it in the right place is well conceived, if a little tedious. My main complaint is the large amount of backtracking through rooms that I've already "conquered" but have to reconquer because of the unkillable brains.

09-06-2005 at 02:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Leus
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 204
This hold isn't doing much for me becaue I've never played Metroid, but I would like to throw in that I actually enjoy figuring out which orbs to hit in which order by clicking on them and looking at where the red and green squares are. It's kind of a puzzle in itself.

09-15-2005 at 04:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
geomatrx
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
Leus wrote:
This hold isn't doing much for me becaue I've never played Metroid, but I would like to throw in that I actually enjoy figuring out which orbs to hit in which order by clicking on them and looking at where the red and green squares are. It's kind of a puzzle in itself.

That so isn't how you should play the hold :angry
But thanks for the feedback anyway :thumbsup

This hold really is more of a novelty, and you will enjoy more knowing what the Metroid is all about. :)

MetDROiD Echoes
Deadly Gold Mine of Death (Architecture)
09-15-2005 at 02:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Leus
Rank Points: 204
Yes, well, I understand that, but I figured I'd share my appreciation for cheating my way through your hold. :P

09-15-2005 at 09:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
geomatrx
Whatever gets you off Jack :lol

MetDROiD Echoes
09-16-2005 at 11:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Hookj5
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
icon Re: MetDROiD (+1)  
I just finished. 120,000 + moves and 13 + hours. I would not have finished without help, but I did get help here on the fourms, so I would like to say that this has been my faviorite hold so far. After the stairs I go back to the begining, I want to go on. Great hold.
09-29-2005 at 11:43 AM
wookie2424
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
Amazing work you have created! I'm continually amazed at the versitility of this game. I need some help. No problem with any of the rooms, the difficulty is very reasonable and enjoyable but i cant find the next place to go.

I'm missing scroll 13 and 11. I can see 11, but I belive that room has to be entered from the east to complete. I think 13 will get me to 11. I have 14 and 17 but cant find the doors. Have 1-9, 12, 15, 18 scrolls and doors. No sign of 16, 19. Is 13 the next step? Where should i be looking?

Please help, I'm dying to see the rest of this hold.

Ok, after many hours of searching for a new path I've had to give up. Please help me someone!!!

[Last edited by wookie2424 at 10-11-2005 10:22 PM]
10-10-2005 at 11:59 AM
geomatrx
Hi Wookie,
Glad you are enjoying my hold.

I'm interested to know how you managed to get scroll 12 without going through gate 10 at five south (this seems to be the only way through?).

Click here to view the secret text

Hope this helps.
g

MetDROiD Echoes
10-12-2005 at 09:52 AM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
So...um...geomatrx, as long as you're here, was there a reason you couldn't upload a new version that has final stairs that end the level instead of take you to the beginning? The hold updating has been working for a while now (go to your profile, click on My Holds, and then upload a new version). It would be nice to get the hold marked as completed for those of us who have finished it.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-12-2005 at 03:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wookie2424
Thanks for replying Geo. Sorry, just forgot to mention having scroll and gate 10. I knew 11 was at 8S3E but can only enter that room from the west. Can the room be solved from the west? I had come to the conclusion I'd need to enter it from the east to solve it. I'll try it some more i guess.
10-12-2005 at 09:24 PM
wookie2424
Duh... I got it. Its funny how easy an impossible thing can get once you just know its possible. Thanks for the help...now back to the game!
10-12-2005 at 11:40 PM
geomatrx
glad you got it wookie, i know it was a bit tricky that one.
happy adventuring!

Oneiromancer - yeah, I tried to update the hold once before, and assumed it had done it. If not, I'll try to do it again maybe this weekend.

I say this as I almost always check and reply to the forumns while im at work (naughty naughty) like now. My drod is at home, and wheen i get in I currently don't have that much time to look at it at the moment.

I'll re-attempt the upload ASAP, and i'll make sure I don't repeat the mistake in MetDROiD: Prime :)

g

MetDROiD Echoes
10-13-2005 at 03:06 PM
geomatrx
Oneiromancer wrote:
So...um...geomatrx, as long as you're here, was there a reason you couldn't upload a new version that has final stairs that end the level instead of take you to the beginning?
I've uploaded it now. :thumbsup

MetDROiD Echoes

[Last edited by geomatrx at 10-15-2005 12:47 AM]
10-15-2005 at 12:45 AM
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
The stairs are going back to the start for me, and I only started playing the hold a few days ago. Is there anything else which could cause that?
02-23-2006 at 12:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
It was never uploaded properly.

02-23-2006 at 12:22 PM
geomatrx
I have tried to re-upload this on at least three seperate occaisions before :(

Try the download on the first page and try again...

MetDROiD Echoes

[Last edited by geomatrx at 02-23-2006 02:04 PM]
02-23-2006 at 02:04 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
geomatrx wrote:

I don't think is your fault - I'm hoping Schik will notice this and see what's going on.

02-23-2006 at 02:09 PM
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
geomatrx wrote:

Can you attach the current hold to a post? I'll try upgrading it.

02-23-2006 at 02:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
geomatrx
hopefully this one should work...

MetDROiD Echoes
02-26-2006 at 01:43 AM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
I can't figure out where to go next. I have the 1,2,3,4 and 6 codes. What door am I supposed to open next? I don't think I open the six one.
02-26-2006 at 02:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tuttle
geomatrx: That new version let me finish. Thanks. :)

Ezlo: That's exactly what you do. The doors aren't used in numerical order.

[Last edited by Tuttle at 02-26-2006 03:33 AM]
02-26-2006 at 03:29 AM
Ezlo
Hmmmm... how to open it. *heads over to the Hints and Solutions*
02-26-2006 at 12:48 PM
kie
Rank Points: 221
Oneiromancer wrote:
So...um...geomatrx, as long as you're here, was there a reason you couldn't upload a new version that has final stairs that end the level instead of take you to the beginning? The hold updating has been working for a while now (go to your profile, click on My Holds, and then upload a new version). It would be nice to get the hold marked as completed for those of us who have finished it.

Game on,

Pretty please, geo, with sugar lumps on top. You cannot imagine my disappointment : After 'slogging' through 222 rooms I raise the blue door. With my heart thundering I descend the final staircase. YESSSS I have conquered MetDROiD.
But what is this - I have been returned to the beginning of the level NOOOOOOOOOOOO

03-03-2006 at 03:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tuttle
Download the hold from geomatrx's post (5 above this one) and manually import that one -- it works.
03-03-2006 at 05:36 AM
kie
Tuttle wrote:
Download the hold from geomatrx's post (5 above this one) and manually import that one -- it works.
Thanks tuttle,
conquered at last.

03-03-2006 at 06:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
kie
This hold comes up on the high scores board as having no conquerors. What's up, doc?

03-03-2006 at 08:05 AM
kie
I realised that. I was hoping that Schik would see this and update the hold properly.

03-03-2006 at 09:00 AM
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
Hey all,

I have seen this and have attempted to update it, also without success. :?

The hold upload/update process needs to be revamped badly anyways... so I'll try to do this soon. Sorry for the delay.

03-03-2006 at 01:22 PM
Hikari
Rank Points: 438
Just out of curiosity, has whatever problem was keeping this hold from getting re-uploaded properly with the fixed final stairs been dealt with?

04-28-2006 at 10:19 AM
Ezlo
And done! I like the final rooms a lot, very nice tar puzzles. The last room had me straching my head for a bit before I finally found the winning strategy! 7 difficulty and 9 fun.
09-05-2006 at 06:22 PM
Page 2 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : MetDROiD (Maze/Adventure/Novelty)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com