Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Confusing Hold (Forks in Roads)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

6.5/10 (22 votes)
σ 1.80
Author Name:Daniel Blochinger
Submitted By:MeckMeck GRE
Hold Name:Confusing Hold
Theme:Forks in Roads
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:30
Number of Monsters:761
Version:DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:0 (+0 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Confusing Hold.hold (20.7 KB)
Downloaded 1880 times.
License: Other
icon Confusing Hold  
Confusing holds idea is to confuse the player. The Puzzles are medium difficulty so its a good choice for everybody. The most used game element is the staircase (64 I think)....

Thanks to the Betatesters Eytanz, Blondbeard and Tscott.

Have fun and confusion !
05-29-2005 at 12:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1486
icon Re: Confusing Hold (0)  
Not a major thing, but I realised that you´re stuck if you enter river a second time. Without the guard it´s impossible to get past the tar.
05-29-2005 at 08:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Wiz
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
i enjoyed this hold :) sure is confusing,hmmm sometimes a lil' annoying with tar (river) but it was cool :) i give it a 8 ; 8 because of the great maze organization,not 9 because of the average-only difficulty and no story,not 10 because only one level, but the rest is greatly made ^^ i enjoy really few holds,because diffuclty is almost never progressive,and doing tedious rooms only is not my cup of tea.cool hold anyway ^^
05-31-2005 at 01:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
I liked this hold a lot. It was a nice mix, and I trying to find every single room before finishing is a challenge! ;)
08-17-2006 at 08:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3408
icon Re: Confusing Hold (+3)  
This is an odd little one-level hold, unfortunately neglected judging by the number of comments. The level doesn't follow a traditional layout; instead, each room has a pair of staircases to two other rooms. The goal is to navigate these choices until one finds the exit, with or without clearing the entire set of rooms.

The rooms themselves are typical JtRH-era: lots of tar and mud clearing, guards, brains, not much in the way of lynchpins. Nothing too complex, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

08-25-2010 at 10:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Shendy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 132
icon Re: Confusing Hold (+1)  
Well, I believe that this hold is easy-medium in difficulty, but it was quite fun finding the right path. I had to restore just to go through a different path since I was stuck in at least one of the rooms of this hold.

12-26-2012 at 11:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Confusing Hold (Forks in Roads) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com