Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Help! (Need Editable Holds!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jeff_Ray...
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 962
IP: Logged
icon Help! (0)  
I'm making hard mode dungeon but i need an editable version to copy and paste rooms and edit levels! Need holds!

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

05-29-2005 at 02:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
bdcribbs
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 390
icon Re: Help! (0)  
buh?
05-29-2005 at 02:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
You know how on the Claythro Tower rooftop, there's a number of KDD levels "remade" with "small changes" which make them more challenging?

I think he wants to do something similar with JtRH and some other holds, without all the effort of taking a screenshot and lovingly recreating rooms via manual edit.

However: JtRH is not ever going to be user editable except on the machine that has the original player file named "The JtRH Team". That's just life. Go with the screenshot method if you want to "Claythroize" those rooms. For other holds, it's author dependent, but many are editable if you've conquered them (and you better have conquered quite a few holds if you think you can really make a new/better challenge out of existing rooms).

Also, Claythro Tower's rooftop was amusing because it wasn't the entire hold. If Mr Weiss had released only the rooftop, it would not be a classic. Because those were bonuses after he demonstrated he could create original puzzles of his own, they were more fun.

[Edited by silver at Local Time:05-29-2005 at 02:35 AM]

05-29-2005 at 02:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
silver wrote:
However: JtRH is not ever going to be user editable except on the machine that has the original player file named "The JtRH Team". That's just life. Go with the screenshot method if you want to "Claythroize" those rooms.

I would be very careful even doing that with JtRH: due to the fact that that hold isn't free I don't think they'd want people doing rooms that are very similar.
05-29-2005 at 05:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Help! (Need Editable Holds!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com