Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : possibly amusing statistic?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
silver
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 915
IP: Logged
icon possibly amusing statistic? (0)  
average pts/post

uh, not much to add to that :)

05-27-2005 at 12:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: possibly amusing statistic? (0)  
silver wrote:
average pts/post

uh, not much to add to that :)
There may be a problem with the fact that older members started with some number of posts and points when the system began (I started with 500 points, and probably >700 posts), which might make some of the statistics a bit misleading. Also, points weren't given out as much in the past as they are now (I don't think we were much used to the system) and I don't believe that people with large numbers tend to get given as many as people with smaller totals.

Still, as a bit of fun, it might be mildly interesting, although easily calculated from your profile (Yours is about 0.5267 to 4d.p, which I suspect is about the average; 0.5/post).

05-27-2005 at 12:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5388
A little bit of trivia... there are currently 41622 rank points in existence, and 63204 posts for an average of about .66 points per post. Of course, lots of those points were not for posts - contests, other rewards, and the initial points given out that agaricus mentioned.

05-27-2005 at 03:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3238
True, it would be quite inaccurate for many people. Although pre-modding system posts can be modded too.

Worth mentioning:
Vylycyn's pts/posts is 3,05 (with 38 posts!)
That's impressive... (3D art is cool.)
05-27-2005 at 05:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
See, that's why I think it would be amusing to be able to pull up a "top 20" list of such things. Clicking a bunch of individual users at random and breaking out a calculator is boring. Computers should do work for us, not vice-versa :)

EDIT: yah, I know there'd be inconsistencies, but, then, I think winning contests is "part of" ranking. So it wouldn't really be exactly "number of mod points given to number of posts I've made", but so what? It'd be "close enough" and still amusing.

[Edited by silver at Local Time:05-27-2005 at 05:48 AM]

05-27-2005 at 05:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : possibly amusing statistic?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com