Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Ranked but not remembered
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
schep
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 865
IP: Logged
icon Ranked but not remembered (0)  
This seems more likely a site problem than a JtRH bug, but it's hard to tell. I also don't know yet whether it's particular to one hold or something, and maybe my account is messed up somehow. I guess I'll report everything I did in this session, though it only gets obviously weird halfway through.

0. I was playing the new CaravelNet-recognized version of Bavato's Dungeon, level 5. I had previously done about half the level, after updating BD to the current version. Scores for those rooms from other days had uploaded and recorded fine.
1. After conquering the first room for today, I saw no ranking on the screen, even though fewer than 8 people have reported scores for the level.
2. I checked the connection icon, which indeed had turned red. Got a new key, connected, uploaded scores. But the demo list and the website don't show that I did the room I just beat.
3. I conquer another room, and JtRH reports my ranking with '2nd Place!' or so on. But in fact, the demo list and drod.net don't show anything for me in that room either.
4. Repeat step 3, including seeing a ranking and not seeing a demo/score, for the rest of the rooms with monsters in level 5.
5. Closed and restarted JtRH, and clicked to upload scores one more time. Not surprisingly, it did nothing.

There's the bug report. But a related question: assuming this bug gets fixed and CaravelNet does not in fact have the problem demos and my JtRH thinks they have already been sent, is there a good way for me to force JtRH to upload or maybe manually upload them?

Edit 1: Other people have been reporting this sort of thing, so it seems not to be particular to my account or to Bavato's.

Edit 2: I think the following would probably work to force demo uploads on a per-hold basis: Export player. Delete hold. Import hold. Import player. Submit scores. Not too bad, but maybe there's a better way.

[Edited by schep at Local Time:05-14-2005 at 06:17 PM]
05-14-2005 at 06:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Ranked but not remembered
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com