Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Xtux Arena (Linux) (And I thought there were no good Linux games!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
IP: Logged
icon Xtux Arena (Linux) (+1)  
When I was browsing through the Gentoo directory, I spotted this game. It was pretty small, so I installed it. When I played it, it was the funniest thing I had ever played!

You are Tux, the lovable, adorable, and in this case - locked and loaded, penguin in a third perspective view. While controls seem wonky at first, I find it pretty easy to adapt to.

Anyways, after the training level, you end up at Tux's house (Cleverly named $HOME) where you find out that Windows World Domination edition was released and is causing bugs to roam freely around town with Microsofty-controlled zombies! Your job is to save the world from the horrors of WWD.

If you need any more reason to play this game, then know this: One of the enemies is the MS Office Paperclip of Doom(C)[TM]! Any game that lets you hunt down this creature deserves to be downloaded.

Best of all - it's free if you own Linux. If you have Linux, be sure to install it today! Gentoo and Debian users can install it directly from their OS, but everyone else can get it from their website.

05-13-2005 at 12:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Xtux Arena (Linux) (And I thought there were no good Linux games!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com