Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Thor
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
leventdal
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 31
IP: Logged
icon Thor (0)  
This monster will cause the effect of a brain as he hits his hammer to the ground. This will effect the other monsters just for one turn (may be more turns) The effect of the hit can be immediate or it may move like a wave moving one tile (again may be more) per turn.

Thor can hit the ground without any trigger but in every same turns (like 10 or 20) or he may be triggered by having a direct view of Beethro. It may not fight against Beethro but run away till the last monster in the room is dead. (Passive issue is just a suggestion for variety) This may make it easier (not so sure) to kill it when there are monsters in the room. If all monsters are dead and Thor is alive, he may act as any existing monster. (a tough one may be better)

The hit will cause monsters that are stuck to somewhere to move towards Beethro. If they are close to Beethro, they will make smarter moves which forces player to take care of Thor's hits.

Existence of more than one Thor's may increase the duration of the brain effect or synchronization can be different.

May be Thor can cause the roach queens to give early births.

[Edited by leventdal on 06-26-2003 at 09:54 PM]
06-25-2003 at 06:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1721
icon Re: Thor (0)  
Hmm...this sounds...interesting...

It may just be that I'm a bit tired, but this monster sounds like your weirdest one yet.

06-26-2003 at 03:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mister
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 104
Coding the "line of sight" may be tricky, but if it's possible, it allows for many more ideas.

I'd change this monster to a kind of "leader" who stands immobile, but if Beethro stands on its line of sight, then it acts as a Roach/Brain while it can see Beethro (or as a Queen/Brain if it is a coward leader :) )

06-26-2003 at 09:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
leventdal
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 31
Coding the "line of sight" may be tricky, but if it's possible, it allows for many more ideas.

I'd change this monster to a kind of "leader" who stands immobile, but if Beethro stands on its line of sight, then it acts as a Roach/Brain while it can see Beethro (or as a Queen/Brain if it is a coward leader )

I agree. It may be like an eye but with different function. The line of sight will be great. Also it doesn't necessarily have to move in circular wave pattern but the area of instant effect can be limited. (Like invisibility potion)

The name can also be evil wizard or something like that.
06-26-2003 at 10:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Or make it a goblin wizard, so when Beethro gets close to it it acts like a goblin.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
06-26-2003 at 11:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Thor
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com