Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Completing the Lemmings collection (Holiday lemmings, anyone?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
IP: Logged
icon Completing the Lemmings collection (+1)  
Okay, there may be some puzzle fanatic who knows where to find this...

Complete list of old Lemmings games by Psygnosis,
*Lemmings
*Oh No! More Lemmings!
*Covox Lemmings (came with a Covox sound card and has four extra levels)
*Christmas Lemmings
*Holiday Lemmings '93
*Holiday Lemmings '94
*Lemmings II the Tribes
ETC.

I have all of the above EXCEPT for Holiday Lemmings '94... it's supposed to be the third christmas demo, and different from the first two. Does anyone know where to get it? Pretty please?

05-11-2005 at 07:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Completing the Lemmings collection (0)  
Not saying Radiant was asking for this, but I'm just going to reiterate our policies for people who might reply:

* Don't post links to pirate/wares sites. Abandonware sites are a grey area, but also frowned upon. Home of the Underdogs has won me over somewhat because they are very scrupulous about taking down links at authors' requests. Other sites use the abandonware "ethic" to justify the worst kinds of piracy.

* Don't use the forum to arrange for offline piracy.

* More obviously, don't use the forum to post copyright-protected material without permission from the authors/copyrightholders.

-Erik

05-11-2005 at 08:16 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
krammer
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 904
icon Re: Completing the Lemmings collection (+1)  
Actually that's not quite right - the two Christmas demos were Xmas Lemmings 1991 and Xmas Lemmings 1992. Holiday Lemmings '93 and '94 were both commercial games. (Holiday 1994 includes all the levels from 1993, btw, so if you have 93 you've got half of the 94 game anyway_. As such it's not freely available (legally, that is). If you want to buy it then I expect Ebay is your only hope, as the old games are all out of print.

Oh, and the rest of your list (for completeness) is: Lemmings Chronicles/All New World of Lemmings, 3D Lemmings (plus the 3D Winterland 4 level demo game), Lemmings Paintball and Lemmings Revolution.

"Oook!"
05-11-2005 at 08:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Radiant
Sorry about that, I thought what I was asking for was freeware (i.e. a demo like those PC format disks are always full of)

05-11-2005 at 09:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
I just thought your post implied you were willing to buy someone's old copy if it were collecting dust somewhere.
-
I think Erik was posting more of a "reminder to people whose posts might reply to yours" ("d00d, I'll so pirate j00 a copy") than a warning about your message.

05-11-2005 at 09:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
Radiant wrote:
Sorry about that, I thought what I was asking for was freeware (i.e. a demo like those PC format disks are always full of)
Sure. Don't take my little "policeman" announcement as being negative against you. I just worry about people forgetting the rules and have to say something occasionally to calm my neuroses. :)

-Erik

05-11-2005 at 09:14 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
Now I have this mental image of a drod lemming which moves either like a roach or a wubba, but is not blocked by pits or trapdoors - instead it steps into them and falls into the abyss aieeeeee (and dies, of course).

I don't have any puzzle ideas for it(*), don't think there are any, and don't think it's worth implementing, just thought it was amusing.

(*) unless it's wubbalike - immortal and doesn't kill Beethro, either... still, nothing that "fun" comes to mind because then it's just a wubba you can kill (by moving and don't need a handy bomb for)

05-11-2005 at 09:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
Radiant wrote:
I have all of the above EXCEPT for Holiday Lemmings '94... it's supposed to be the third christmas demo, and different from the first two. Does anyone know where to get it? Pretty please?
I have both of the Holiday Lemmings on an old computer we have sitting around the house. If you can wait until the weekend, I could dig it up for you.

05-11-2005 at 10:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Radiant
icon Re: Completing the Lemmings collection (+1)  
Lemming... if not adjacent to anything, moves towards Beethro. If adjacent to any other creature, waits there until said creature moves away. Then follows that creature.
I suppose lemmings would be very vulnerable to swords and stuff (I mean come on, they get crushed beneath rocks, eaten by chameleons, etc). But maybe it'll explode when killed (Bomber!)
If it is lead over a pit, it builds a bridge (Builder! or maybe Floater!), and if lead into a wall (seep) it starts digging (Basher!)

:D

05-11-2005 at 10:05 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Completing the Lemmings collection (Holiday lemmings, anyone?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com