Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Fifteenth Level : 1 South, 1 West
Page 2 of 2
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
junglejane
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 55
IP: Logged
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Fifteenth Level : 1 South, 1 West (0)  
I am having this very same problem. Unfortunately I am unable to solve it as simply as Kafka did. I have completed all levels and all secret rooms, but cannot enter the dreamplane because this room will not stay white. I can solve it blindfolded and it still returns to red. I have tried moving on to the sixteenth level and then returning and there it shows up red again. This is so frustrating because I spent days solving 3N on the 22nd level and this EASY room is keeping me from getting to the dreamplane. I have received some excellent help to get to this point. I hope someone can help me with this toughie.

I note that I have only completed twelve rooms on this level. Is it possible that I may have missed a room?
Kafka wrote:
I have a problem here. I have completed the room, and it turns green on my minimap. I leave, and get the "Exit Level" sign; but this room then turns red again. No matter what I do, it doesn't seem to recoord my victory. I'v completed the room several times, and I have my demo, which puts me in equal first place with dozens of others; but I can't progress. Is this a bug, or have I missed something?

And How and Where and Who..... Rudyard Kipling
03-30-2007 at 08:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
junglejane wrote:
I am having this very same problem. Unfortunately I am unable to solve it as simply as Kafka did. I have completed all levels and all secret rooms, but cannot enter the dreamplane because this room will not stay white. I can solve it blindfolded and it still returns to red. I have tried moving on to the sixteenth level and then returning and there it shows up red again. This is so frustrating because I spent days solving 3N on the 22nd level and this EASY room is keeping me from getting to the dreamplane. I have received some excellent help to get to this point. I hope someone can help me with this toughie.

I note that I have only completed twelve rooms on this level. Is it possible that I may have missed a room?
Kafka wrote:
I have a problem here. I have completed the room, and it turns green on my minimap. I leave, and get the "Exit Level" sign; but this room then turns red again. No matter what I do, it doesn't seem to recoord my victory. I'v completed the room several times, and I have my demo, which puts me in equal first place with dozens of others; but I can't progress. Is this a bug, or have I missed something?
It sounds like you might have an old version of the game that might not properly remember you beating secret rooms. The newest version is 2.0.15.1. What version are you using?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
03-30-2007 at 09:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
junglejane
Thank you, mrimer, for your fast response. 2.0.14 is the version I have. I just purchased it over the net a few months ago. Could you give me a hint on how I go about updating.
mrimer wrote:
junglejane wrote:

Kafka wrote:
It sounds like you might have an old version of the game that might not properly remember you beating secret rooms. The newest version is 2.0.15.1. What version are you using?

03-30-2007 at 11:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
noma
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1594
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Fifteenth Level : 1 South, 1 West (+1)  
junglejane wrote:
Thank you, mrimer, for your fast response. 2.0.14 is the version I have. I just purchased it over the net a few months ago. Could you give me a hint on how I go about updating.
I'm not Mike but I think I can help you. The newest versions can be downloaded here. Scroll down to the "CaravelNet Downloads" section. A link to information on it is available here.
03-30-2007 at 11:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
schep
Rank Points: 865
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Fifteenth Level : 1 South, 1 West (+2)  
junglejane doesn't have a CaravelNet account set up, so she can't get the full versions from that page and won't even see the 'CaravelNet Downloads' section.

junglejane, if you have Windows, you can download the one that says Patch (6th or 7th on the list, depending whether you bought JtRH or KDD2) and install that. If not, I think you'll need help from Erik or somebody official to upgrade, unless you're fine with waiting until there's a patch for your system.

schep pokes trick or whoever's supposed to be doing the Linux patch.
03-31-2007 at 12:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
junglejane
Thanks for the help. I have been intending to purchase a membership but hadn't gotten around to doing it. Now I have an account and will try the link for downloads. Love the game!
schep wrote:
junglejane doesn't have a CaravelNet account set up, so she can't get the full versions from that page and won't even see the 'CaravelNet Downloads' section.

junglejane, if you have Windows, you can download the one that says Patch (6th or 7th on the list, depending whether you bought JtRH or KDD2) and install that. If not, I think you'll need help from Erik or somebody official to upgrade, unless you're fine with waiting until there's a patch for your system.

schep pokes trick or whoever's supposed to be doing the Linux patch.

03-31-2007 at 01:07 AM
Ed Crash
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 20
someone plzz demo :weep :weep

05-31-2007 at 10:08 AM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Ed Crash wrote:
someone plzz demo :weep :weep
Errr...

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Briareos at 05-31-2007 11:11 AM]
05-31-2007 at 10:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Shendy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 132
I still can't do it but please don't laugh as I know that others might think that this room is easy. Please give me more hints or a demo.
07-12-2010 at 01:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545

File: JtRH Fifteenth Level 1S1W.demo (3.7 KB)
Downloaded 88 times.
License: Public Domain
Click here to view the secret text

07-12-2010 at 02:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Shendy wrote:
I still can't do it but please don't laugh as I know that others might think that this room is easy. Please give me more hints or a demo.
Don't worry, no-one's laughing at you. We were all there once :)
07-13-2010 at 01:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Fifteenth Level : 1 South, 1 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com