Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Temporary Defense (Possibly for help in those tight situations...)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
MasterGiga
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 67
IP: Logged
icon Temporary Defense (0)  
Okay, I have two ideas for this element.

1. Repellent: For insects only. (Unless you think its actually better to have it for all monsters...) This could be another potion or whatever that simply works as sort of an opposite of the Invisibility Potion: When used, insects don't come within Beethro's range for some time. Maybe for 30 moves or turns (I mean, one full rotation of the spawn clock)?

Also, when Beethro moves toward any of the insects, they move away from him (Until there's a corner or something, of course).

This Repellent could be used in certain rooms just to add another thing to be used as a basis for puzzles. I'm thinking this would be useful in hordes, maybe...

2. Force Field: For any monster. Just something to temporarily keep enemies away from you. I'm not suggesting that both an insect repellent AND a force field for all monsters be included. (But then again...)

Well, these are just new ideas of mine. Please post any comments and suggestions of yours. Does this sound like a bad idea? Does it make for a room that's too easy? Should MasterGiga stop posting new topics?

:unsure

05-07-2005 at 02:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TripleM
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1373
IP: Logged
icon Re: Temporary Defense (0)  
I think they are quite cool ideas. Or at least something similar to both of them. The idea of moving beethro towards a pack of roaches and see them split up the middle to try to avoid you would be quite cool.
05-07-2005 at 03:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Temporary Defense (Possibly for help in those tight situations...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com