Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : What's Your Job? Or...Interest. (Part-time delver...)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
MasterGiga
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 67
IP: Logged
icon What's Your Job? Or...Interest. (+1)  
I'd just like to know what everyone is interested in. This could be your current job/career, your major in school, or any field you plan on studying, whenever that may be. And if there are multiple talents OR hobbies you have, list all that you wish! :D

I'll, of course, list mine:

I am currently studying for an Associate's degree in Computer Programming.

I'd like to develop my own games in the future. Hopefully, games as great as DROD. :)

I had previously planned to study Game Design at a private college, BUT I'm just not made of money. It turns out, Computer Programming is just where I need to be. It definitely seems appropriate at this time. Maybe I'll try the Game Design in the far future though...maybe.

A second interest of mine is music composition. I hope to learn something about composing sometime in the near future.

So, what's everyone else interested in? I have a feeling that I'll see a lot of Software Developers...or even Computer Programmers. ;)

[Edited by MasterGiga at Local Time:05-06-2005 at 04:48 AM: Just to add hobbies to the suggestions.]

05-06-2005 at 12:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1182
icon Re: What's Your Job? Or...Interest. (0)  
I have a feeling that I'll see a lot of Software Developers...or even Computer Programmers

Indeed, though the two are not necessarily the same thing.

Personally, I enjoy computer programming, but I'm pretty much burned out on commercial software development

Currently, I'm teaching high-school math. My interests include chess, math, go, and curling. I also used to be a competitive swimmer, so I'll watch that or water polo anytime it comes on ESPN (or any other channel, I suppose).

05-06-2005 at 12:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: What's Your Job? Or...Interest. (+1)  
Well, my main hobbies nowadays is staying in shape, and that means that I've been hittin' our school gym during lunch hours and pumping the iron. I'm not doing it to become the most macho man in our school, but I actually enjoy the feeling you get from pushing your body to its highest limits and gaining something from it.

Secondly, and this may be kind of evident through the forum, but I enjoy doing freelance writing. For me to write, I find that I need to be able to think of a topic on my own. If my English teacher assigns homework that involves a strict set of guidelines to be followed, I find it very hard to do. However, when he assigned a quote "Short Stroy 7+ pages long on any topic you want", I absolutly enjoyed it. I found a topic that I knew I would be able to get a good, clever, but funny story going, and ended up with a 10.5 page story that gave me a 98%. That's why I enjoy writing articles for DROD.net and such.

And, as most people who know me closly are well aware of, I am a huge fanatic of food. Seeing me without some sort of food or drink in my hand is a rare occurance, especially as whenever I'm on MSN I'll randomly say "brb... need food". :)

05-06-2005 at 02:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MasterGiga
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 67
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
Secondly, and this may be kind of evident through the forum, but I enjoy doing freelance writing. For me to write, I find that I need to be able to think of a topic on my own. If my English teacher assigns homework that involves a strict set of guidelines to be followed, I find it very hard to do. However, when he assigned a quote "Short Stroy 7+ pages long on any topic you want", I absolutly enjoyed it.

Me too! I needed to be able to write on a topic of my choice or interest in order to write at my best. That's why its so easy for me to write so many pages on something like my novelette...in progress. :D

[Edited by MasterGiga at Local Time:05-06-2005 at 04:48 AM]

05-06-2005 at 04:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chalks
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 267
icon Re: What's Your Job? Or...Interest. (+1)  
MasterGiga wrote:
I am currently studying for an Associate's degree in Computer Programming.
A second interest of mine is music composition. I hope to learn something about composing sometime in the near future.

hehe...I'm studying computer engineering (a bunch of programming involved with that).
Also, I've been playing violin and piano for over 10 years now and I love it! I've been working on some jazz compositions for awhile now too. :D (I also sing)

my favorite thing to do is program though...it's awesome fun :w00t :w00t :w00t

AND.... I LOVE to write! :thumbsup

[Edited by Chalks at Local Time:05-06-2005 at 08:12 PM]
05-06-2005 at 08:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
krammer
Rank Points: 904
Currently I'm still at school, but only two more weeks till exam leave and then another 6 weeks till they end. Then I'm going on to do maths at Uni next year, assuming I get the grades.

For interests - I'm a violinist and pianist too (or try to be), although I'm much more a classical player than jazz. I enjoy singing for fun, but I'm by no means a good singer.

I used to like writing too and I always read everything when I was younger but now I read less and less, sadly - I have a whole host of books I ought to/want to read but haven't yet got round to...

"Oook!"
05-06-2005 at 09:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : What's Your Job? Or...Interest. (Part-time delver...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com