Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : mod points
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bradwall
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 423
IP: Logged
icon mod points (+1)  
Just a question about how you get more.
I noticed that every day or so, I got an extra mod point that I could use to award someone with a post. I was wondering how the system gives you these extra ones that appear every so often in the total of mod points that I have to give.

One of the reasons that I ask is because I gave out all of my points (there had been some fantastic posts since JtRH was released). I figured that I would get more every so often... even though they would be coming slowly. Well, it has been a few days and I still don't have any. They used to grow slowly and now nothing. Any insight to how this works would be nice.

Thanks
- Brad
04-22-2005 at 08:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
silver
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 915
icon Re: mod points (+1)  
you start with 0 rank and 0 mod points. every rank point you receive, you also receive a mod point. you can spend the mod points, but keep the rank points.

so, yes, if you thought anyone would fall for it, once you had a mod point, you could make a second account and the two of you could tag each other ad infinitum.

but, the "honest" way is to just post nice, helpful, or funny things, or good questions, and people will mod you up and, in turn, you can mod people up :)

04-22-2005 at 08:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
If I'm not mistaken, you get 1 mod point for each rank point you receive. This accounts for the near-constant trickle. No mod points lately? You probably just haven't recently said anything especially clever, entertaining, helpful, or well-integrated into the current zeitgeist. ;)

-Erik

04-22-2005 at 08:54 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bradwall
icon Re: mod points (+2)  
ErikH2000 wrote:
You probably just haven't recently said anything especially clever, entertaining, helpful, or well-integrated into the current zeitgeist. ;)

-Erik

Yeah... I have been dry lately. I need to come up with something great. Thanks for the info. I would give you a point for your help... but, well... you know!
04-22-2005 at 09:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
bradwall wrote:
Yeah... I have been dry lately. I need to come up with something great.
Yeah, you've been terrible, and everyone is very disappointed. The sooner you can get out of your slump, the sooner we can all start enjoying the forum again. :no

-Erik

04-22-2005 at 09:13 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bradwall
icon Re: mod points (+4)  
ErikH2000 wrote:
bradwall wrote:
Yeah... I have been dry lately. I need to come up with something great.
Yeah, you've been terrible, and everyone is very disappointed. The sooner you can get out of your slump, the sooner we can all start enjoying the forum again. :no

-Erik

The problem is that people are more clever than I am. So, now I need to mod you because you have "one upped" by yet again.
Back to 0 I go :D
04-22-2005 at 09:15 PM
bradwall
Wow... everytime that I have posted to this, I get mod points. This is fantastic. :w00t
04-22-2005 at 10:28 PM
patmo98
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 39
icon Re: mod points (0)  
ErikH2000 wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, you get 1 mod point for each rank point you receive.

What happens when you lose rank points? Do the mod points go out of the system or do you gain mod points?
04-22-2005 at 10:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bradwall
bradwall wrote:
Wow... everytime that I have posted to this, I get mod points. This is fantastic. :w00t

Ok everyone... I was just kidding around. I didn't mean to tick anyone off. Aparently, I may have.

This is actually a sad time for me now. This is the first time that I have ever been modded down for something. I do want to apologize if I came off as greedy, anoying, or anything else.
04-22-2005 at 10:46 PM
bradwall
patmo98 wrote:
ErikH2000 wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, you get 1 mod point for each rank point you receive.

What happens when you lose rank points? Do the mod points go out of the system or do you gain mod points?

Yes, my mod points went down.
04-22-2005 at 10:48 PM
silver
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 915
I don't think you ticked anyone off. I think you triggered their "be careful what you wish for" and "here's a funny joke on you" reflexes.

it's not like rank points are important. don't sweat it.

04-22-2005 at 11:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bradwall
silver wrote:
I don't think you ticked anyone off. I think you triggered their "be careful what you wish for" and "here's a funny joke on you" reflexes.

yeah, I know that rank points are not important... but, I love the DROD community and I have never been modded down.

I will just take my lumps and continue onward.

04-22-2005 at 11:23 PM
ErikH2000
Yeah, Brad I was just messing with you. I'm going to quit acting like a God of Olympus now, because somewhere else is a greater being whose response will be to mod me down in a more dramatic way, like putting a tapeworm in my burger.

-Erik

04-22-2005 at 11:25 PM
bradwall
ErikH2000 wrote:
Yeah, Brad I was just messing with you. I'm going to quit acting like a God of Olympus now, because somewhere else is a greater being whose response will be to mod me down in a more dramatic way, like putting a tapeworm in my burger.

-Erik

You are too much. I really hope that your stomach gets better after eating all the tapeworms.
04-22-2005 at 11:35 PM
bradwall
silver wrote:

Actually, I really do look at them being important in the fact that I love to reward people for good posts. When I get modded down, I lose the ability to give out more points to others. I like it when the time that I take to post something gets noticed by others. I feel that when I am able to mod someone for a post, they know that they were apreciated for their time giving information, help, etc. to me and others.

04-22-2005 at 11:38 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : mod points
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com