Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Sixteenth Level : 3 South, 2 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
IP: Logged
icon Journey to Rooted Hold : Sixteenth Level : 3 South, 2 East (0)  
I didn't play jtrh for a bit so I didn't get far recently. Anyway, I need help with this room. The arrows are bugging me. Is there like a trick to this room?

04-20-2005 at 04:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 915
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Sixteenth Level : 3 South, 2 East (+2)  
no "real" trick, per se...

Click here to view the secret text

[Edited by silver at Local Time:04-20-2005 at 04:39 PM]

04-20-2005 at 04:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Sixteenth Level : 3 South, 2 East (0)  
How stupid I am. It always happens to me. Thanx.

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:04-20-2005 at 04:55 PM]

04-20-2005 at 04:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Chopper
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
silver wrote:
no "real" trick, per se...

[Edited by silver at Local Time:04-20-2005 at 04:39 PM]

Must be Greek since I can't get all the trapdoors sprung. Perhaps a bit more explicit?
08-30-2005 at 01:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
HopelessAmateur
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 177
Chopper wrote: Must be Greek since I can't get all the trapdoors sprung. Perhaps a bit more explicit?
Concentrate more on the trapdoors than the queens/roaches. You can deal with the roaches in your own good time, whereas a wrong move on the trapdoors means a restore/restart.

If you still need more 'explicit' instructions, post here.
:fun
08-30-2005 at 10:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Chopper
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
HopelessAmateur wrote:
Chopper wrote: Must be Greek since I can't get all the trapdoors sprung. Perhaps a bit more explicit?
Concentrate more on the trapdoors than the queens/roaches. You can deal with the roaches in your own good time, whereas a wrong move on the trapdoors means a restore/restart.

If you still need more 'explicit' instructions, post here.
:fun

Someone should have said earlier to just move along and forget killing roaches. Once I did that, it was almost a snap to complete. I still swear that the designers are all sadists.
08-31-2005 at 09:37 PM
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
I still swear that the designers are all sadists.

Hmmm, so what does that make you?

08-31-2005 at 11:31 PM
wiseoldman
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50

File: level 16 3s2e.jpg (58.3 KB)
Downloaded 88 times.
License: Public Domain
I definitely missing something here. If I try to kill the queens I mess up the quadrants. If I leave the queens then I am suck on the SW corner with roaches coming from 3 directions which is impossible to defend. So, what is the key here?

The graphic shows where I am near the NW corner. The two queens at NE and SE and putting out roaches which I have to defend. If I open the NW barrier I will then have roaches coming at me when I am down at the SW from three angels :weep

What am I missing?
04-12-2006 at 10:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zaubberer
Rank Points: 251
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Sixteenth Level : 3 South, 2 East (+1)  
both ways are possible: you can kill the queens during your walk through the trapdoors and you also can trap the doors and open all yellow doors before you kill the first queen.

you are on the second way. so try to kill the roaches near you fast and walk on. walk on your way. so you have roaches from two directions untill you open the fourth yellow door. and for this you have the way to the south....

if you really find no way i could send you my demo. in this case feel free to pm me.

zaubberer
:wizard

[Last edited by zaubberer at 04-13-2006 02:49 PM : orthography]
04-12-2006 at 11:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
wiseoldman
zaubberer:

I sent you a PM but another question arose ... how do you not kill any queen and still only have roaches coming at your from two directions as you reach the 4th queen?
04-13-2006 at 12:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zaubberer
wiseoldman wrote:
... how do you not kill any queen and still only have roaches coming at your from two directions as you reach the 4th queen?

to open a yellow door you can stand near this door, ok? in this case you have to use three or four moves to kill the roaches in the "new opened" corner. after this the roaches (four of them) from two other directions are your next problem. :)

zaubberer
04-13-2006 at 02:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
wiseoldman

File: level 16 3s2e large.jpg (28.5 KB)
Downloaded 95 times.
My problem is that if I go into the SE corner to kill the queen than I have to soon or later go out by going NW which will cause me to miss the arrow immediately N of the minim. So how it is possible to kill the queen in the SE (or any corner except the last corner) and still drop the trapdoors in that quardant?

The normal path, if I don't kill the queen, is shown in yellow. If I go into kill the queen then the minic will have to move to the square where the yellow arrow is pointing. Soooooo .... what's the trick to killing the queens as you drop the trapdoors or is it better to wait until all trapdoors are dropped? If this is the case how can you prevent roaches from coming at you when you reach the SW corner, after dropping the SE, NE, and NW quardants?
04-13-2006 at 07:27 PM
zaubberer
wiseoldman wrote:
My problem is that if I go into the SE corner to kill the queen than I have to soon or later go out by going NW which will cause me to miss the arrow immediately N of the minim. So how it is possible to kill the queen in the SE (or any corner except the last corner) and still drop the trapdoors in that quardant?

it is possible...

zaubberer
04-13-2006 at 07:41 PM
wiseoldman
Sorry, I just don't understand what you are saying. B and the minic both arrive at the positions shown in my graphic at the same time. I don't know how else to arrive there other than this. Perhaps I could start over and find a different way but I really have no idea how to proceed.

I did find that after I killed the roaches from the NW queen (NE and SE are alive) I can move to the center of the room and down to the entrance hall where I then can kill the roaches from the NW, NE, and SE in the next cycle. Then I can get to the SW queen (minic) opens the door and kill it. But then I can't drop all the trapdoors in the SW quardant.

Any suggestions ... anyone ? :w00t
04-14-2006 at 12:59 AM
wiseoldman

File: level 16 3s2e solution.jpg (18.7 KB)
Downloaded 122 times.
Ok, I finally figured out a way to solve the room. Starting from the enclosed graphic, I moved back to the NW corner and defended myself there until there were no more roaches this round. Then I moved down and opened the SW gate and moved back up to the NW corner. This way I could kill the NW queen & roaches and then keep in the 2X2 (lower right entrance) and defend myself there. Gradually I moved out from the corner and carefully moved around the trapdoors to eliminate them before the new roaches reached and then backed into the corner to kill them. Now I had time to kill the rest of the queens and the lone remaining roach. Only took me several days and several hours to see the "way of the force". :fun
04-14-2006 at 01:34 AM
skip
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
I really need a demo for this one. I have been working on it for a week. Thanks
11-16-2006 at 06:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Timo006
Rank Points: 518

File: JtRH Sixteenth Level 3S2E Victory.demo (4.3 KB)
Downloaded 180 times.
icon Re: Journey to Rooted Hold : Sixteenth Level : 3 South, 2 East (+2)  
Okay then, demo coming. :)

[Last edited by Timo006 at 11-16-2006 07:22 PM]
11-16-2006 at 07:22 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Journey to Rooted Hold : Sixteenth Level : 3 South, 2 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com