Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : The Inevitable Patch (TSS 5.1.1, RPG 1.2.8, GatEB 4.0.2, TCB 3.3.0, JtRH/KDD 2.0.17 -- Bug fixes and increased performance)
<<78910
Page 11 of 13
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2580
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Inevitable Patch (+5)  
GatEB 4.0.2.112 for Linux is up.
06-02-2012 at 11:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Darkmatt
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 51
icon Re: The Inevitable Patch (0)  
I seem to be having some incidents trying to update my GatEB. The patch link for it does not show up at all in the downloads page and my old version can't connect to CaravelNet for some reason.

Is this something that can be fixed or do I have to wait it out?

[Last edited by Darkmatt at 04-15-2013 09:06 AM]
04-15-2013 at 09:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
icon Re: The Inevitable Patch (+1)  
Darkmatt wrote:
I seem to be having some incidents trying to update my GatEB. The patch link for it does not show up at all in the downloads page and my old version can't connect to CaravelNet for some reason.

Is this something that can be fixed or do I have to wait it out?
The latest version of GatEB is just the full install. I see you don't have it tied to your account though, but either send an email to support@caravelgames.com or PM me the email address you ordered the game with, and I'll get it tied to your account!

04-15-2013 at 03:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Darkmatt
Ah, I'll do that.

But I still find it odd that my City Beneath or GatEB cannot connect to CaravelNet. I tried requesting a new key to remedy this problem but it hasn't done anything. Is it just down or is it something on my end?
04-15-2013 at 05:45 PM
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
You can't connect to CaravelNet because your account doesn't HAVE CaravelNet. If you activate your games, each one will give you a month's worth of CaravelNet.

04-15-2013 at 06:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Darkmatt
Ah but I should still have some limited capability of CaravelNet, correct?

Let me explain further. If I, say, tick the box "Connect to CaravelNet" in the settings, and then go do something like start playing or building, the game will attempt to connect to CaravelNet and, get nowhere. A box with the message "(seconds I've spent waiting) Attempting to connect to CaravelNet... Hit ESC to disconnect from CaravelNet and continue playing." will appear and well, the only way I get anywhere is if I hit ESC.

This didn't happen before when I didn't have a subscription, so I'm wondering what's up.
04-15-2013 at 06:50 PM
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
No, you don't have any CaravelNet capability. It looks like your subscription ran out in February, so as-is you cannot connect to CaravelNet.

I would think it would come back pretty quick with a connection failure rather than keep on trying, however. Not sure what's up with that.

04-15-2013 at 07:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Darkmatt
Oh right, that's how it happens. It's been so long since I played DROD I forgot completely.

Well at least it is still weird so I don't feel like a total doofus.

Thanks for your help.
04-15-2013 at 08:12 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
A Windows beta patch to 4.0.3 has been released here.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
05-04-2013 at 08:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
gomagoma
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 8
icon Re: The Inevitable Patch (-2)  
The bugs fixed were substantial--some of them involving data loss--so you will want to have this patch if you are running any version of JtRH less than 2.0.5
04-08-2014 at 07:54 PM
mrimer
Hey, everyone!

I have a TSS 5.0.1 beta patch ready to try out on the Bugs Board here:

http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=37947

I'm planning for us to publish this 5.0.1 maintenance release before the "official" July 1 release date, so if some TSS players could try out the patch and validate fixes for the bug report topics that have been checked off, that would be great.

06-29-2014 at 02:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
cchittleborough
Rank Points: 32
I bought the DROD:TSS Music Collection by Emmett Plant (great stuff, BTW) but I don't know how to get DROD to play that music. Perhaps the release should tell users how to install the music, or a readme file should be added to the Zip of the music. (Or did I miss something?)

06-30-2014 at 03:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
cchittleborough wrote:
I bought the DROD:TSS Music Collection by Emmett Plant (great stuff, BTW) but I don't know how to get DROD to play that music. Perhaps the release should tell users how to install the music, or a readme file should be added to the Zip of the music. (Or did I miss something?)
The music is included in the main game, but it's used specifically during major plot points.

06-30-2014 at 03:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Edit: wait unless he's asking how to use it in the editor?

[Last edited by Banjooie at 07-01-2014 03:53 AM]
07-01-2014 at 03:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
cchittleborough
Rank Points: 32
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
The music is included in the main game, but it's used specifically during major plot points.

Woops. I was assuming that the "collection of Emmett Plant's epic music" that costs $5 extra was for use in the game, rather than related music you can buy separately. Apologies.

07-02-2014 at 01:48 PM
mrimer
You may use it in the game, i.e., in your own homemade holds, if you'd like. To do this, download the version of the music listed as being in "OGG format", and then you can import these tracks in the level editor. How to do this is in the help docs, under the Character Script command "Set Music".

[Last edited by mrimer at 07-03-2014 02:46 PM]
07-03-2014 at 02:42 PM
trick
icon Re: The Inevitable Patch (+3)  
Released some new Linux versions of older DROD games lately:

KDD 2.0.18.63
JtRH 2.0.18.63
RPG 1.2.0.58

All of those fix a crash at startup and adds native 64-bit executables, better unicode filesystem support, and misc fixes
07-17-2014 at 06:09 PM
trick
icon Re: The Inevitable Patch (+3)  
New linux versions again: KDD/JtRH 2.0.19, TCB 3.3.1, GatEB 4.0.4, RPG 1.2.1. They fix a potential data corruption issue that can happen when transferring data from 64-bit to 32-bit. TCB and GatEB has some other fixes too. (This may be the last release of these, except for RPG)

TSS 5.0.1 is up, too :)
07-22-2014 at 01:35 AM
mrimer
icon Re: The Inevitable Patch (+2)  
Rejoice! We have released TSS version 5.0.1. This is a significant upgrade, with many bug fixes, both in the engine as well as TSS hold and CaravelNet connectivity. It also contains performance and stability improvements.

Please note that if you have play progress in the TSS hold, there is a specific procedure you must follow for migrating your player data from 5.0.0 to 5.0.1, as follows:
* In 5.0.0 (or 5.0.1 beta patch on Windows), export your player profile to disk.
* Delete your player profile.  (It is recommended to back up the five .dat files in the TSS application data directory first, just in case you experience any problems past this point.)
* Install TSS 5.0.1 on top of 5.0.0.
* Import your player profile from disk.
If you simply install 5.0.1 on top of your 5.0.0 install without following all of the above steps, then the result will likely be that you will see incorrect images displayed on the TSS world maps in your saved games.

You can read the entire 5.0.1 change log here.

Registered TSS players can download the full 5.0.1 installer from the Downloads link at the top of the forum. You can download the 5.0.1 demo installer on the CaravelGames TSS page.

Enjoy!

[Last edited by mrimer at 07-22-2014 03:36 AM]
07-22-2014 at 03:31 AM
disoriented
Rank Points: 2386
mrimer wrote: If you simply install 5.0.1 on top of your 5.0.0 install without following all of the above steps, then the result will likely be that you will see incorrect images displayed on the TSS world maps in your saved games.

Yeah, this is what happened to me. Obviously I should have waited and read this post first.

Is there a way to get rid of this problem? Exporting the player from 5.0.1 and reimporting it didn't work.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
07-22-2014 at 07:30 AM
robin
Rank Points: 842
You should read this topic.

It has the fix

[Last edited by robin at 07-22-2014 08:07 AM]
07-22-2014 at 08:06 AM
disoriented
I tried exporting, deleting, and reimporting my player profile, and that didn't fix the problem.

07-22-2014 at 08:13 AM
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
I believe one of the keys in the other thread is that the export needs to be done from 5.0.0 (or a 5.0.1 beta without the TSS hold changes). In other words, backup your dat files and downgrade, do the export, delete the profile, then upgrade and import the profile.

[Last edited by Tuttle at 07-22-2014 08:35 AM]
07-22-2014 at 08:33 AM
robin
Rank Points: 842
Tuttle wrote:
I believe one of the keys in the other thread is that the export needs to be done from 5.0.0 (or a 5.0.1 beta without the TSS hold changes). In other words, backup your dat files and downgrade, do the export, delete the profile, then upgrade and import the profile.

Yep, that's what worked for me.

07-22-2014 at 09:21 AM
LatinaPride
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
Im a little confused, it says to export your player data first but TSS crashes on loadup because im trying to log into an expired CaravelNet account... if I install this patch I wont lose all my progress, will I?
07-23-2014 at 06:37 PM
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
mrimer wrote:
If you simply install 5.0.1 on top of your 5.0.0 install without following all of the above steps, then the result will likely be that you will see incorrect images displayed on the TSS world maps in your saved games.
Do Mac users need to worry about this bug, or is it an OS-specific thing?

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

07-23-2014 at 06:40 PM
disoriented
Yes, I'm seeing the map image problem on OS X.

07-23-2014 at 07:06 PM
Tuttle
Rank Points: 1545
LatinaPride wrote:
Im a little confused, it says to export your player data first but TSS crashes on loadup because im trying to log into an expired CaravelNet account... if I install this patch I wont lose all my progress, will I?
If you take your computer off the network (e.g. unplug the cable, disconnect from wifi) when you start DROD then the CaravelNet crash shouldn't happen and you can do the export. Once you've done that once you can go into Change Settings and remove the CaravelNet login details as well.

[Last edited by Tuttle at 07-24-2014 12:00 AM]
07-23-2014 at 11:55 PM
noma
Rank Points: 1594
mrimer wrote:

* Delete your player profile. (It is recommended to back up the five .dat files in the TSS application data directory first, just in case you experience any problems past this point.)
You say there are five .dat files to back up, but in DROD 5 - The Second Sky/Data the only .dat I have is drod5_0.dat. There is unins000.dat in DROD 5 - The Second Sky but that's just the uninstaller. What other files should I be backing up?
07-24-2014 at 02:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
noma wrote:
mrimer wrote:

* Delete your player profile. (It is recommended to back up the five .dat files in the TSS application data directory first, just in case you experience any problems past this point.)
You say there are five .dat files to back up, but in DROD 5 - The Second Sky/Data the only .dat I have is drod5_0.dat. There is unins000.dat in DROD 5 - The Second Sky but that's just the uninstaller. What other files should I be backing up?

On my OS X system, there are 5 .dat files in ~/Library/Application Support/Caravel/drod-5_0/

But I didn't run into any problems requiring a restore of those files.

07-24-2014 at 03:32 AM
<<78910
Page 11 of 13
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : The Inevitable Patch (TSS 5.1.1, RPG 1.2.8, GatEB 4.0.2, TCB 3.3.0, JtRH/KDD 2.0.17 -- Bug fixes and increased performance)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com