Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Hints and Solutions section (Hummm)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bradwall
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 423
IP: Logged
icon Hints and Solutions section (0)  
Should you let people see room images of all of the Dreamplane? I find that this may ruin the suprise of how cool the level is. Maybe seeing the rooms that have monsters in it, but the rest is kind of a cool suprise.

04-15-2005 at 06:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Hints and Solutions section (+1)  
It has been mentioned in several threads that for JtRH you cannot see a room, either through posting the image yourself or by looking at someone else's, unless you have gotten there in-game. So it's not really a concern. We'd only be worried if people were taking their own screenshots and posting them...if they use the forum method of posting room images then this is all covered.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-15-2005 at 06:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bradwall
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 423
icon Re: Hints and Solutions section (0)  
Oneiromancer wrote:
It has been mentioned in several threads that for JtRH you cannot see a room, either through posting the image yourself or by looking at someone else's, unless you have gotten there in-game. So it's not really a concern. We'd only be worried if people were taking their own screenshots and posting them...if they use the forum method of posting room images then this is all covered.

Game on,

Ok, sorry. I must have missed those posts.

Thanks
04-15-2005 at 06:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Hints and Solutions section (0)  
Just to clarify, this is only true for JtRH the hold, and not any other holds on the forum so far. I believe that there will be a new option for people when they upload their holds for whether or not their room images can be posted by anyone or only by those who explore as well. This restriction also happens on the highscores page; you can't see even see the scores, much less the images, for JtRH rooms there that you haven't been to.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-15-2005 at 06:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Hints and Solutions section (Hummm)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com